Student - Human Resource Assistant
Student - Human Resource AssistantPay Rate :
$9.65 per hourJob Category:
HUMAN RESOURCESJob Description Summary:
Are you wondering how to build your resume and get some real world experience in an office prior to finishing your SMC degree? If you want to grow your customer service skills, use technology, document and apply processes for efficiency, all while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, then apply to the SMC HR Assistant position now. Human Resources has large goals for 2021 and we are looking for the right person to help us succeed. The HR Assistant works with honesty, integrity and respect in supporting and partnering with the SMC Community. Join Human Resources and grow your resume for future employers!
The Human Resource Assistant will provide administrative support to the Department of Human Resources by performing a variety of projects and clerical duties. This position is very engaging and is an excellent opportunity for one to gain knowledge and hands on experience within the field of Human Resource Management.
The selected candidate will begin working Spring 2021. This position works all semesters, including summer and therefore, the student must meet the requirements for student employment for each semester.Required Qualifications:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Work well with students, all levels of employees, and the public
• General customer service skills
• Takes initiative and works independently when necessary
• Ability to learn software applications
• Currently pursuing a degree in human resources or a related field
• Office experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Embrace the Human Resource Department’s core values
o Equal treatment
o Safe environment
o Growth, satisfaction, and empowerment
o Student Connection
• Welcome people to the Human Resource Department
• Answering phone calls and responding to voicemails
• Compile new hire packets
• File paperwork
• Assist candidates seeking employment information about the College
• Manage the office mail
• Handles keys to the office and office filing cabinets
• Assist in planning and organizing events within the Human Resource Department and Wellness Committee.
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
You must be enrolled at the College on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum of 6 credit hours during fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours during the summer semester); contact hours will not be used to meet the 6 credit hour minimum.
High-school students who are dual enrolled are eligible for student employment. You must also meet the credit hour requirement.
You must be enrolled or continuing your education with a four-year College partner, on the campus of SMC, and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the summer semester.
All student employees must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be eligible for student employment.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
B. Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
C. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
D. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
E. Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
F. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
G. Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
H. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
I. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
J. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Quicklink: