Director of Employer Outreach and Business Career Connections
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Director of Employer Outreach and Business Career Connections
Position #00689446 – Requisition 20894
- Provides leadership for Business Career Connections (BCC) staff to ensure timely, responsive and proactive support to students, strategic employer partners, faculty, and other clients of the BCC. Develops BCC strategy in alignment with Business School strategies and in collaboration with the larger CU Denver Career Services department.
- Creates, maintains, and participates in an environment of professional-level support and a culture of leadership that helps students own, manage, and progress through their careers
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains strategic partnerships with select regional employers on behalf of the Business School. Informs relevant Business School stakeholders of such partnerships
- Monitors and participates in strategic partnerships with community organizations, trade associations, foundations and other organizations that would benefit undergraduate and graduate students’ career development and the Business School.
- Through proactive networking and relationship building, orchestrates bringing together students and employers for a mutually beneficial relationship. Maintains metrics on post-graduation student employment.
- Performs and actively meets with undergrad and graduate students, and with alumni graduates
- Collaborates and supports work of One Year MBA (OYMBA) program to advise on OYMBA professional development workshops. Actively meets with new OYMBA students for resume reviews prior to cohort begins, and throughout academic year.
- Establishes, reports and communicates success metrics for student placement, including internships, graduate employment and salary placement data
- Develop and execute a new strategy related to corporate relationship building and job opportunity identification
- Identify areas and pathways to grow the number of full time and internship opportunities for students
- Oversees development and management of strategic partnerships with Colorado, national businesses and organizations on behalf of the University, its students and faculty, for the purposes of identifying top talent for employers, career opportunities for students and graduates, connections for faculty, clubs, and student groups and sponsorship for the BCC and the Business School.
- Manages the BCC team and develops department strategy and tactics to remain current and serve undergraduate, graduate, and alumni stakeholders.
- Actively meets with students to support overall student access to professional coaching and career development resources
- Develop and manage a comprehensive career services plan to inform, involve and invest substantial numbers of students, alumni and other constituents; establish associate strategies, protocols and operational plans
- Develops strategic plans to create and improve career-focused events for both students and employers. Maintains metrics on event attendance and success to continuously improve event quality. Events include career fairs, workshops, panel events, and employer spotlights.
- Oversee BCC operating budget
- Extensive knowledge of employers, the labor market, and employment trends, both locally and nationally as related to hiring students.
- Meets with students and alumni to provide career counseling. Uses employer and industry feedback to provide the most relevant and beneficial counsel possible.
- Leads sponsorship and funds development efforts for Business Career Connections in collaboration with CU Advancement.
- Develops strategies for Employment/First Destination Surveys to increase response rates for both AACSB and Rankings efforts. Provides related data as required.
- Makes students aware of local networking opportunities or events through organizations such as the local Chambers of Commerce, strategic employers, and trade and professional associations
- Arranges networking and educational presentation events with strategic employers to benefit students’ career search. Encourages strategic employers to speak in the classroom, establish partnership with faculty, provide shadowing opportunities for students, etc.
- Provides data to stakeholders within and outside of the Business School
- Works with the dean to create and maintain fruitful relationships with external constituents.
- Identifies needs and gaps for students as related to their professional development and preparation for post-graduation. Proposes necessary resources to address these needs.
- Will work with internal and external stakeholders to create a richer internship program for students that aligns with curriculum goals and professional development needs
- Build and coordinate relationships with industry partners to develop career opportunities for students
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in career services, human resources, or recruiting
- One year of supervisory experience
- Master of Science, MBA, or Master of Arts in Counseling
- Hiring process experience that includes resume review and interviewing
- Experience developing and implementing programs for traditionally marginalized populations
- Experience in higher education, creating cohesive and productive relationships between faculty and staff
- Experience evaluating technology platforms for scaling services
- Examples of fostering relationships with external partners and building relationships
- Demonstrated experience scaling services for diverse populations
- Knowledge of and contacts within the local and regional business community
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues, best practices, and emerging trends in higher education career services, outcomes assessment, employment trends, and job markets;
- Proven track record of creating collaborative partnerships across disciplines, engaging proactively with stakeholders holding varied agendas, and enrolling support/sponsorship for programs
- Ability to establish and maintain external relationships with employers, alumni, and other external constituents
- Leadership, management and review of staff
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies and tactics
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint)
- Knowledgeable with LinkedIn™ and other social networking applications
- Proficient with databases (access and entry only (?), statistics and placement results; knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Organize workflow
- Initiation, follow-up and persistence
- Professional presentation of the Business School and Business Career Connections to all constituents
- Knowledge of career management systems, processes, and protocols
- Knowledge of industry trends, needs, and future opportunities
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 15, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing