Nursing Career Ladder Instructor
Position DetailsReq ID:req9194Position Title:Nursing Career Ladder InstructorPosition Type:Faculty OSU Campus:NursingDepartment:NursingLocation Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:
Crystal MartinHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):0.00 - 0.00, CommensurateWork Schedule:Varies, may include evenings and weekendsJob Summary:
To develop in each student theskills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matterpresented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of thecommunity. Teach and evaluate students inclassroom (online and onsite), clinical setting and laboratory collaborativelywith the team leader, team members and other faculty.
4.Participate with team members in student evaluation by:a. Grading tests, participating in test analysis, and providing student feedback.b.Evaluating and returning student assignments with written feedback within the time frame set by the teaching team.c.Using clinical evaluation tool to provide student feedback on clinical /simulation performance.d.Maintaining student and course records according to team guidelines.e.Planning and scheduling student evaluation conferences.f.Advising and referring students as needed. 5.Collaborate within and among teaching teams in evaluation and revision of course content.6.Post and keep office hours as per departmental and university standards.7.Provide supervision and assistance in the clinical area and facilitate student clinical conferences.
8.Maintain cooperative, collegial relationships with clinical agencies.
9.Strive to demonstrate NLN nurse educator competencies.
10.Support and maintain a collegial relationship with other faculty members and students that is conducive to learning.
11.Provide input into the budget planning process.
12.Seek approvals from the Team Leader for planned absences.13.May serve as lead instructor as requested.14.Implements the Student Success Model for retention.15.Serve on special projects and committees.16.Participate in staff development through formal course work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations, or professional literary material.17.Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.18.Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional activities development each year.19.Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full considerationTranscripts required upon hireEducation & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
Master’s Degreeand hold unencumbered licensure/certification as a registered nurse in
the state ofOklahoma required Training/Experience:
Must be qualified to teach and provide leadership in anacademic discipline and/or degree program. Minimumof two years of experience as a competent practitioner of nursing.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lessonplans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments toeffectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the abilityto assess student learning and progress.Communication skills – Must be able to communicateverbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and preparecomplex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues,students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact,discretion, and independent judgment.Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient inMicrosoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), as well as email,internet, and learning management systems.Passionfor assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity andprofessionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethicaland professional behavior
Other performance measures:
Successful performance of the jobrequires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. Must work constructively with faculty, staff,and university officials to accomplish essential job functions. An incumbent must use tact anddiplomacy. Following school dressstandards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concernsare required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those required by an employee to performthe essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.