Position DetailsReq ID:req9193Position Title:Nursing InstructorPosition Type:Faculty OSU Campus:NursingDepartment:NursingLocation Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:
Crystal MartinHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):0.00 - 0.00, CommensurateWork Schedule:Varies, may include evenings and weekendsJob Summary:PrimaryFunction:
Teach andevaluate students in classroom and clinical laboratory. This function is carried out collaborativelywith the team leader, team members and other faculty.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide input into the budget planning process.
2. Collaborate with team to plan, implement, and evaluate teachingeffectiveness.
3. Prepare learning activities and classroompresentations covering objectives for assigned theory.
4. Develop test items covering assigned theory.
5. Facilitate student clinical conferences.
6. Make student clinical assignments.
7. Collaborate within and among teaching teamsin evaluation and revision of course content.
8. Participate in institutional, departmental, team, & committeemeetings. (Optional for part timefaculty.)
9. Maintain cooperative, collegial relationshipswith clinical agencies.
10.Participate with team members in student evaluation by:
- Grading tests, participating in test analysis and providing student feedback.
- Evaluating & returning written student assignments with written feedback within the time frame set by the teaching team.
- Using clinical evaluation tool to provide weekly student feedback on clinical performance.
- Maintaining student and course records according to team guidelines.
- Planning and scheduling student evaluation conferences.
11. Provide supervision and assistance to students inthe clinical area.
12.Participate in continuing education and/or academic study.
13. Counseland refer students as needed.
14. Scheduleand post office hours weekly according to established university policy.
15.Participate in official department and OSU-OKC functions. (Optional for part-time faculty members.)
16. Support and maintain a collegial relationship withother faculty members and students that is conducive to learning.
17. Supportthe philosophy and policies of OSU-OKC and department of nursing.
18.Substitute for Team Leader as needed.
19. Completes all mandatory training and participated in a minimum of two professional development each year.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job descriptionare intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may beperformed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude themfrom the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment tothe position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full considerationTranscripts required upon hireEducation & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
Master's degree with a major in nursing. .
Have a minimum of two years experience as a competent practitioner of nursing, following graduation
from a basic nursing program.
- Hold a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Oklahoma and in the state of clinical supervision. Maintain membership and active participation in nursing and other professional organizations. Maintain computer literacy according to university policy.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lessonplans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments toeffectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the abilityto assess student learning and progress.Communication skills – Must be able to communicateverbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and preparecomplex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues,students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact,discretion, and independent judgment.Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient inMicrosoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), as well as email,internet, and learning management systems.Passionfor assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity andprofessionalism Evidences a history of demonstrating ethicaland professional behavior
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage.Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those required by an employee to performthe essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.