Overnight Desk Clerk - Part-time Location:
Tifton, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Job Summary Position Title: Overnight Desk ClerkReports to: Director of Residence LifeDepartment: Residence Life & Housing Hours: Midnight to 8:00 am (16 hours per week)BASIC FUNCTION
The Desk Clerk is responsible for the general welfare of resident students, safety of the residence halls, and enforcement of residence hall policies and regulations while on duty. Desk staff personnel will conduct duties two nights a week starting at midnight until 8:00 a.m. This is a part time job excluding benefits. NATURE & SCOPE
The overnight desk clerk reports to the Director of Residence Life. Serving as a frontline housing staff member, the incumbent should:
- Serve on a regular schedule assigned to the desk as established by the supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate desk log of all activities and problems spotted while on duty.
- Respond to emergencies as they arise in the building according to designated procedures.
- Maintain a safe and productive atmosphere in the community areas.
- Be thoroughly familiar with, and able to enforce the policies and regulations of the college and residence hall.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Conduct the desk in a business-like manner.
- Read desk log at beginning of duty to gather instructions or information left by Residence Life Staff.
- Be assertive in requesting identification of non-residents and cognizant of traffic patterns in the building.
- Maintain contact with ABAC Police when needed.
- Report to the Senior Staff person in the building concerning all repairs noted while on duty.
- Document incidents utilizing an Incident Report (to be sent to Senior Staff person).
- Dress in provided uniform shirt.
NoneSPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This position requires a high school diploma. Must be mature, dependable, responsible, trust worthy, and display good judgment in decision-making.