DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST (EPIC INPATIENT)
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory and analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST (EPIC INPATIENT)
The Application Analyst is primarily responsible for the development, deployment, post-implementation support, product design and testing cycles of the Maestro Care (Epic) Inpatient Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the Clinical Documentation/Orders/Emergency/Obstetrics module. This includes planning, performing, managing, and supporting identified ClinDoc/Orders/ASAP/STORK users in the Duke environment.
The incumbent will work closely with Epic and identified other Maestro Care applications staff to create and carry out deployment tasks, clinical workflow interpretation, and participate in Maestro Care Inpatient application build, testing and support. Advise and assist with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end-users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to-face, via phone or email and via training classes.
Act as Maestro Care Inpatient EHR application expert for base functionality. Update test plans to account for testing of new features with all releases.
Participate in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in the Maestro Care Inpatient EHR.
Work with others on the Application Support team to manage all user access to Maestro Care Inpatient EHR systems and track changes. Analyst may be expected to have Epic certification and/or proficiency in ClinDoc, Orders, ASAP, and/or Stork.
- Obtain additional Epic certification and proficiency as defined by management through a combination of classroom instruction at Epic (Madison, Wisconsin), self-directed learning, multiple project assignments and competency exams.
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions
- Proactively complete assigned Maestro Care application deployment(s), management and testing tasks within defined timeline
- Manage the documentation, resolution and completion of identified deployment issues and tasks
- Build, test, and debug Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements
- Responsible for writing and executing test plans, documenting and resolving defects within Quality Center
- Develop and document system and user procedures
- Develop report specifications and work closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirements
- Provide both business and after hours support for issues around system production support including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates, system testing and interface enhancements
- Requires applicable Epic certification or the ability to complete certifications within the defined timeline.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
Bachelor degree, preferably in computer science or a clinical field, or offsetting clinical or IT experience. Prefer clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
Level 1 -- If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
Level 2 -- In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the level 2 requires: Epic ClinDoc/Orders certification strongly preferred.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or
Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
Data coding - general
Data analysis and trending
Effective oral and written communication
User technical support/training
Database management software
Ability to translate business process into a technical solution
In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate:
Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
Designing specifications for information systems
Implementation of information systems
Maintenance of information systems
Quality assurance (may be required)
Adult learning and training methods (may be required)
Job Code: 00003839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
Job Level: CD
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.