SERVICE ACCESS TEAM LEADER - CARY MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
PRMO:, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Service Access Team Leader who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Patient Service Associate Team Lead is an integral part of the patient care team in the clinic/service area and is responsible for patient registration activities including patient identification, demographic and insurance updates, check-in, check-out, point of service collections (deductible, copay, coinsurance and balances), referral and order management, and appointment scheduling according to established policies and procedures. The Patient Service Associate Team Lead is responsible for living Duke’s values and demonstrating expected behaviors while contributing to creating a positive patient experience and building a positive work environment. The Patient Service Associate Team Lead will maintain a professional image in appearance and over the phone. The Patient Service Associate Team Lead contributes to ensuring the registration desk and waiting areas safeguard patient privacy, confidentiality and safety and are well maintained and clean.
- Coordinate and participate in department/clinic service activities to include greeting, interviewing, registering, admitting and discharging patients.
- Coordinate diagnostic and treatment activities of the department/clinic with services of other departments to ensure effective patient care and efficient service.
- Supervise and participate in determining sponsorship eligibility, making financial arrangements, and establishing fees.
- Maintain liaison with professional medical staff and other personnel in administering policies and procedures regarding patient flow and utilization of space, time, supplies and equipment.
- Provide recommendations to the Health Center Administrator/department head on policies and procedures to improve patient care and utilization of clinic resources.
- Review patient charges to ensure accuracy and answer questions concerning billing procedures and charges.
- Plan and schedule work for the clerical staff ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Train new personnel.
- Responsible for or provide recommendations on various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Data entry, customer service, telephone protocol, duke accounting system, duke payroll system, medical terminology, scheduling, insurance claims, Microsoft office
High school diploma required.
Four years of experience in a healthcare setting is required. An Associate's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for two years of experience. A Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare may substitute for four years of experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.