DHTS Application Analyst 3 -QA Team Lead
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory and analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Department Name: MC - MAESTRO CARE - FTES
Job Code: 3839
Job Family Level: CD
- Maestro Care Project Management Director
The Maestro Care QA/Change Control Team Lead is responsible for working with the QA team, Change Control, and Data Courier Administrator team on various tasks related to testing oversight, Change Control oversight, and Data Courier administration. The Team Lead will be responsible for the management, oversight, and development of the team which includes HR responsibilities for evaluations, employee development, and goal setting.
As lead for the testing team, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of test plans and coordination with supporting project team members as well as downstream systems. This role includes advising and assisting with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end-users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to-face, phone, or email. The incumbent will participate in all test phases of any upgrades to the Epic EHR.
- Provide team management that includes hiring, direct supervision, delegation of work assignments, team schedule, performance appraisals, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Provide leadership in the evaluation/selection of technologies related to testing automation in Maestro Care.
- Ensure documentation/procedures are in place for the day-to-day management/support of Maestro Care testing, Change Control, and Data Courier Administration.
- Participate in the DHTS MIP (Management Incident Process) as necessary
- Provide training in the use of testing tools and methods
- Oversee and develop test plans in conjunction with project team members that define test scope, responsibilities, scheduled, requirements, objectives and ensures test coverage and release quality.
- Oversee and develop test cases, test scripts, and expected results from available documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and technical design specifications)
- Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices & processes, knowledge & experience with health care ISs; high degree of competency with learning & interpreting IT systems; excellent communication, interpersonal & team skills; proven ability to lead meetings, prioritize & resolve conflicts; demonstrated written, verbal & follow-up skills
- Keeps current on industry/market intelligence; applies appropriate new technologies & best practices to specific discipline/functional area. Provide oversight within identified development and production support meetings, reviews, and design sessions as assigned
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
- Obtain additional Epic certifications as defined by management through a combination of classroom instruction at Epic (Madison, Wisconsin), multiple project assignments and competency exams
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of equivalent relevant training and experience in the technical support component of IT
- Level 3 requires a Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature.
- Two years of health care IT support experience required.
- 5 years of IT experience is required.
- Preferred – Experience with testing software such as ServiceNow
- Preferred – Experience with testing automation tools such as eggPlant
- Broad knowledge and experience with health care information systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills
- Proven ability to lead meetings
- Proven ability to prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists and manage a project plan.
Required Qualifications at this LevelEducation/Training
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
In addition to the requirements described for the Level 3 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.Experience
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.Skills
The Level 3 will demonstrate: Ability to lead discovery sessions
Advanced technical consultation and support
Ability to design complex information systems
Implementation of complex information systems
Contract negotiation theory (may be required)
Job Code: 00003839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
Job Level: CD
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.