Manager of Sales & Reservations
Job no: 498556
Department: Marcum Conference Center & Inn
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Manager of Sales & ReservationsJob Summary:
Responsible for all aspects of front desk operations and sales at the Marcum Hotel & Conference Center, including optimizing sales opportunities and ensuring a high level of customer service.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Manages hotel room inventory to maximize revenue and hotel occupancy. Forecasts future
business to plan for procurement of supplies and efficient scheduling of labor.
- Serves as system administrator for the hotel property management system (Oracle Opera) and all other systems related to reservations such as online travel agents, phones and credit card processing.
- Directly coordinate cross-selling and joint marketing initiatives to maximize exposure and profitability.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Monitors all business procedures for hotel operations to ensure accurate transactions for each day’s business, timely collection of receivables, timely payment of payables and balanced ledgers.
- Provides supervision to all parts of hotel operations as required. Manages, hires, trains front desk attendants to ensure the highest level of customer service and guest confidentiality/security. Plans and implements SOP’s for efficient and professional operations.
- Reviews and responds to guest comments in writing and online. Resolves guest complaints
quickly and in a professional manner. Communicates effectively with members of the University
community and general public.
Bachelor's degree in Management, Business, Hospitality, or related field
At least 5 years of experience related to customer service
At least 3 years supervisory experience
At least 1 year sales-related experience
(Experience in these three areas listed above may be earned concurrently)
Valid driver's license required and ability/willingness to transport guests and make deliveries as needed (12 passenger van). Must be able to travel as needed.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time