Associate Director Fitness
Job no: 498529
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Associate Director FitnessSalary/Grade:
$40,000 - $44,000Hours Per Week:
Responsible for the administration of all fitness programs, special events and personal training including but not limited to finance, marketing, staff recruitment and supervision, risk management, assessment, and scheduling.
• Direct 50-60 group fitness classes and special events weekly
• Supervision of 35-40 student and community staff
• Manage all aspects of personal training client base of 50-75 per year
• Administration of wellness community for 125 first year students
• Oversight of off-campus facility dedicated to functional fitness and performance based training.
• Teach 3-5 programs per week based on expertise
• Manage program related equipment and facility spaces
• Provide main facility supervision to include some nights and weekends
Bachelor's degree and 3 years' related fitness experience
• CPR & First Aid Certification (within 30 days of hire)
• Master’s degree with 5 years related fitness experience
• Two or more specialty certifications (i.e. personal training, yoga, health coaching, Spinning ®, Zumba ®, Cross Fit ® or other pertinent).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidate must be able to work independently, be detail-oriented, have a firm understanding of fitness trends, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, function well in a team setting, and show motivation to grow skills through professional development / certifications.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time