Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Stitzel laboratory utilizes mouse genetic models and in vitro approaches to understand the molecular and physiological mechanisms leading to nicotine dependence and co-morbid psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia and ADHD. Current studies include:
- identifying novel genes that influence nicotine consumption
- determining the functional consequence and mechanism of action of genetic variants known to impact the risk for nicotine dependence
- establishing mechanisms through which nicotine exposure in utero increases the offspring’s risk for nicotine dependence, ADHD and other neuropsychiatric conditions and
- understanding the mechanisms through which nicotine withdrawal disrupts sleep and how this information can lead to better treatments for smoking cessation.
- This position will be for a 75% or higher FTE.
- Must be available to work mornings Monday through Friday and a few hours occasionally on the weekend.
Starting Salary is $33,280/year.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Adaptable. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Previous experience working with mice, strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently once trained.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- One Letter of Recommendation (not confidential) dated within the last 2 years
Review of applications will begin on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Note: Applications materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Jerry StitzelPosting Contact Email: [email protected]