14-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Facilities Project Manager position in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position will provide project coordination and management service for 1890 facilities projects. This position will have dual reporting reports to the Dean of College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology and the Director for Facilities Management. The position is subject to evening hours, weekends, and emergency call-outs.
- Provide project coordination and management service on construction renovations and major maintenance of 1890 facilities projects.
- Review and provide comments on plans and technical specifications prepared for CAFST, Agricultural Research Station and Cooperative Extension.
- Reviews invoices and change orders from vendors and ensure that they are acceptable for processing in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development of project(s) scope, budget, and timeline.
- Assist with the bid and award process.
- Ensure compliance with USDA, all OSHA/EPA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Manage Craftsmen and other personnel.
- Negotiate and process construction projects for Agricultural Research and Cooperative Extension.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of facilities management and event coordination practices.
- Knowledge of computer operations and software, such as spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, and databases.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, lift 25 pounds, and exhibit excellent customer service.
- Ability to supervise lead projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Management or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Four (4) years of related work experience.
- Experience managing subcontractors.
- Valid driver's license.
Eight (8) years of relevant work experience.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com