13-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Fiscal Operations Manager position in the College of Agricultural, Family Sciences and Technology
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for managing fiscal operations for the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology. The position will have dual reporting to the Dean and the Vice President for Business & Finance.
- Supervision of College of Agriculture Accounting Specialist/Buyer and Accounting Technician.Interprets, implements, and enforces the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).Perform and manage all College of Agriculture grants and contracts compliance, financial reporting, invoicing/drawdowns, reconciliation, and inquiries.Collaboration with FVSU Accounting Services to ensure accuracy of the general ledger for grants and contracts.
- Assist with timecard approvals and payroll validation.
- Manages the reporting of fiscal, personnel, and facilities resources to granting agencies.Works closely with the Vice President for Business & Finance and staff, College of AG Science Academic Dean, Associate Dean for Research and Associate Dean for Extension to direct the allocation and accountability of college resources.Makes appropriate recommendations to the Vice President for Business & Finance and staff, College of AG Science Academic Dean, Associate Dean for Academic(s), and Associate Dean for Research on matters related to funding.
- Provides support for the fiscal operations of all college departments.
- Approves travel authorizations and expense reports and ensures adequate funding.Maintains accurate and detailed financial records in the general ledger and reviews with Vice President for Business & Finance and staff and College of AG Science Dean.Prepares, analyzes and provide all financial reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually, etc.) as required by management and federal funding agencies to ensure compliance, and audits. Utilizes advanced software functionality to create ad hoc reports as needed.Maintains financial reporting to ensure compliance with current year reporting requirements; assists with developing policies and procedures affecting financial reporting.Ensures purchases orders are issued timely and in compliance with federal and state regulations.Provides oversight for College time and effort reporting.Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of federal and state compliance, guidelines, policies, and procedures.Knowledge of Cooperative Extension Program policies and procedures.Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials.Knowledge of USDA guidelines.Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).Knowledge of USG and state procurement guidelines.Knowledge of budget development and management principles.Knowledge of grant management principles.Skilled in the delegation of responsibilities and authority.
- Skilled in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skilled in decision making and problem solving.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Five or more years of experience in accounting.
- Five or more years of experience with grants.Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles including accounting, grant reporting and budgeting.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing software, query/report writing and data maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com