Instructional Designer - Academic Affairs
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Instructional Designer position in the Academic Affairs Office for Online Learning.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for assisting faculty in the design and development of online classes. The position will provide support to both faculty and students on the maintenance and use of the learning management system.
- Collaborates with faculty in the design and development of online courses and multimedia based on current responsible design standards.
- Develops aesthetic presentations for online courses.
- Evaluates online courses based on Quality Matters and Internal Standards and Policies.
- Trains and assists faculty in the use of the learning management system.
- Assists students in the use of the learning management system.
- Updates and manages relevant portions of the FVSU website.
- Develops online training materials to assists with faculty development.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for the Online Learning Department.
- Researches and recommends software to enhance the online learning environment.
- Researches pedagogical techniques and trends on online education.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current and developing standards for the use of instructional design in online learning.
- Knowledge of best practices in the field of online instruction.
- Knowledge of the development, implementation, and management of a variety of online technologies.
- Ability to create webpages using Bootstrap, HTML 5, and CSS.
- Ability to design based on ADA/Section 508 requirements.
- Ability to create various types of multimedia including audio, video, and web-based interactions.
- Advanced skills in the operation of computers and job-related software programs including the Adobe CC Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Skill in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the field.
- Three years or more of related experience.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com