CRITICAL/COMPLEX CARE NURSING FACULTY – BEGINNING FALL 2021
Department: SHHS – School of Nursing (undergraduate program)
Position Description: Primary academic responsibilities, including classroom teaching, simulation, and clinical oversight in the undergraduate program, emphasizing critical/complex systems care. The faculty member will work in collaboration with the other faculty and the Director for the BSN Program. The faculty member may have additional teaching responsibilities. In addition to teaching and student advisement, faculty have responsibilities associated with scholarship and service to the school and University.
Professional Track Qualifications:
• RN, MSN, 2-years' clinical experience as an RN required, board-certified preferred
• PhD. or DNP preferred • Experience teaching undergraduate nursing students
• Provide a student-centered learning environment, which enables students to attain success.
• Maintain program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace competency levels for graduates.
• Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors and Program Director.
• Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
• Actively assisting the Schools in retention efforts.
• Collaborate with School faculty regarding course and program curricular development and evaluation. • Participate in course, program, and institutional assessment and quality improvement as assigned.
• Regularly attend and participate in faculty meetings.
• Assist Director and Dean in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
• Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology in health care.
• Maintain open and timely communication with students through the University's e-mail.
• Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
• Model professionalism and Christian ethics.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Academic Director or Dean.
• Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and current vita to:
Cynthia Hudson, Dean School of Nursing and Health Sciences,
3225 W. Foster Avenue, Box 22
Chicago, IL 60625
Email: [email protected]
After initial screening, references, essays and official transcripts will be required. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for CRITICAL/COMPLEX CARE NURSING FACULTY – BEGINNING FALL 2021
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly