Clinical Simulation Coordinator
Clinical Simulation CoordinatorType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Academic YearPosition Type:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
NursingSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a full-time, 9-month position beginning August 15, 2021.
The primary responsibility is to consult, create, develop, implement, and evaluate simulation events within the simulation environment. Facilitate the education and the learning processes through the construction and implementation of simulation objectives, scenarios, process of pre- and post-briefing and evaluation.
• Assists faculty and healthcare agency representatives with integration of simulation experiences into the curriculum and work environment.
• Plans and designs simulation-based learning experiences based upon national professional simulation standards. Uses simulation scenario template and/or worksheet to create a lesson plan for scenarios, including objectives and evaluation tools, to ensure learning outcomes are met.
• Serves as a facilitator during simulation scenarios and the debriefing process. Assists with pre-briefing, simulation scenario set up, implementation, evaluation and debriefing.
• Assists with the creation of the simulation environment for scenarios, including simulator preparation, equipment needed, use of standardized patients, and other needs to create a realistic learning environment.
• Coordinates the integration and maintains the schedule of simulation experiences.
• Ensures data collection and record keeping procedures to evaluate simulation standards for simulation.
• Travels as needed for mobile needs.
• Obtains participant and faculty/healthcare agency representative feedback of simulation experiences.
• Maintains currency in existing and emerging technologies and trends related to simulation. Provides education and technical assistance to faculty/healthcare agency representatives.
• Assists with Policy and Procedure development and revisions related to simulation.
• Maintains inventory needs of the simulation center and order supplies.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Master’s or Doctorate in Nursing Degree requiredMinimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years nursing experience
• Professional Registered Nursing License required
• May require lifting of 20 pounds
04/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by May 4, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.