Simulation Operation Specialist/Simulation Technician
Simulation Operation Specialist/Simulation TechnicianType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Academic YearPosition Type:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
NursingSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a full-time, 9-month position beginning August 15, 2021.
Provide technical support for all simulation operations, including running, maintenance and repair of all simulation equipment, simulators, and simulation related computers (software and hardware). Will also assist with public relations.
• Understands the use and operations of all the different simulation related technology.
• Serves as a simulator operator-running scenario with Simulation Coordinator and faculty and/or healthcare agency representatives, assuring all equipment is set up for scenarios.
• Assists with the creation of the simulation environment for scenarios, including simulator preparation, equipment needed, use of standardized patients, and other needs to create a realistic learning environment.
• Travels as needed for mobile needs.
• Provides technical assistance, support and training to faculty and/or healthcare agency representatives in the use of simulation equipment.
• Maintains inventory needs of the simulation center and order supplies. Conducts routine inventory updates.
• Conducts ongoing maintenance on all simulation equipment, including cleaning and repairing, as needed. Provides preventative maintenance on all simulators yearly. Maintains a record of maintenance and repair.
• Assists with simulation scenario set up, implementation, and debriefing.
• Communicates with simulation equipment-simulator manufacturers regarding maintenance problems; as well as, new simulation product information.
• Maintains currency in existing and emerging technologies and trends related to simulation.
• Assist with data collection and record keeping procedures to evaluate simulation standards for simulation.
• Maintains currency in existing and emerging technologies and trends related to simulation. Provides education and technical assistance to faculty/healthcare agency representatives.
• Assists with Policy and Procedure development and revisions related to simulation.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or higherMinimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years IT experience
• May require lifting of 30-40 pounds
04/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by May 4, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.