Director of Registration Services and Records, At Rust College $70K( Negotiable based on experience)
RUST COLLEGE - HOLLY SPRINGS, MISSISSIPPI 38635
Applications are invited for consideration for an appointment to the following position:
TITLE: Director of Registration and Records
DEPARTMENT: DATE TO BE FILLED:
Registrar’s Office Immediately
RANK OR POSITION AND SALARY RANGE: Negotiable based on experience
Rust College is seeking a Director of Registration and Records to join the Office of Enrollment Services leadership team during Rust College’s season of T.R.A.N.S.I.T.I.O.N. (Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Nimble, Student-Centered, Innovation, Technology, Integrity, Optimistic, Nurturing). Working under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment Services, the (Director of Registration and Records) will provide excellent customer service and administrative oversight for the accuracy and integrity of the College’s official student records and course registration process. The Director will serve as the architect for modernizing and executing a student-centered registration process that makes registration more accessible for all students and contributes positively to retention effort. The chief responsibilities for this role fall into seven broad categories:
- Modernize the student registration process.
- Modernize and ensure compliance with all student record-keeping.
- Oversee and manage registration function and records within the institution’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Ellucian)
- Collaborate with Financial Aid and Admissions to create operational efficiencies around all registration processes and enrollment verifications.
- Collaborate with the Office of Academics and Student Success around semester course offerings and course scheduling.
- Coordinate classroom maintenance and scheduling
Coordinate event planning for graduation activities the Director of Registration and Records will provide the following services:
- Modernize and facilitate the college’s course registration processes.
- Develop and execute student training for the registration process in self-service.
- Modernize and maintain the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of student records in adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Work with IT and other internal teams to modernize student record request/confirmation process.
- Be responsible for all aspects of student academic record management including enrollment verification, grade processing/reporting, transcripts, transfer credit evaluations, degree audits, certification of graduation eligibility, satisfactory academic progress standards, and production of diplomas.
- Collaborate with administrators, division chairs, faculty, IT, and academic leaders to maintain up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, and final examination schedules.
- Enforces policies and regulations of the College, and FERPA, SEVIS, and Veteran Affairs.
- Report student enrollment information to the National Student Clearinghouse for loan
providers, employers, background screening firms, and health insurance providers.
As part of enrollment management at the College, perform an active role in retention efforts through departmental and interdepartmental activities, including retention-related data collection and reports, quality customer service, and development and implementation of innovative enhancements and new systems. Work closely with institutional research and IT staff to compile statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Liaisons directly with division heads with regard to curriculum/catalog, articulations, course schedule questions, etc.
- Prepare degree audits for all students and communicate with advisors about student’s deficiencies to meet the graduation requirements.
- Lead planning and execution of all annual graduation-related event requirements.
- Hire, train, coach, supervise and evaluate staff that has primary responsibility for academic records and registration.
- Manages efficient use of classrooms and classroom scheduling.
- Perform other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Five to seven years’ experience in academic or student administration, preferably in a Registrar's Office or similar role
- Proven ability to modernize processes and create operational efficiencies within higher ed institutions.
- Proficiency in Ellucian/Colleague ERP system and MS Office applications. Must have a thorough awareness of the continually changing opportunities for application of 21st- century technology on all phases of student registration and records operations.
- Experience with successfully executing all duties related to graduation.
- Previous proven experience in management and supervision of a successful team.
- Organizational, analytical, planning skills with the ability to prioritize workload and issues.
- Strong customer service skills with a student-centered mindset.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team-building skills and a collaborative leadership style
- Degree audit system experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others, foster a team environment, and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of current trends, regulations, and issues in academic records maintenance and registration.
- The strong desire to lead a successful team that is part of a larger college-wide effort to
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on operational needs ensure that Rust College will continue to be a thriving HBCU.
SPECIAL INFORMATION: Rust College is a historically black college located in Holly Springs,
Mississippi. Rust is a private, coeducational, four-year, residential, comprehensive Liberal Arts institution, affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1866. The campus is located 35 miles east of Memphis, Tennessee. The Federal Government requires that every individual hired since May 31, 1987 complete the I-9. This requirement is in response to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Form I-9 has been developed to verify that persons are eligible to work in the United States.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a letter of interest to: Mr. Corey Buchanan, Director of HR
150 Rust Avenue
Holly Springs, MS 38635
E-Mail: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: POSTING DATE:
Open until a qualified applicant is found 4/06/2021
Rust College is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Rust College is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Director of Registration Services and Records, At Rust College $70K( Negotiable based on experience)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Education Other Executive Administration jobs in Other Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Educational Administration & Leadership Other Executive Administration jobs in Other Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Other Education Faculty Jobs Other Executive Administration jobs in Other Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Professional Fields Other Executive Administration jobs in Other Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Business & Management Other Executive Administration jobs in Other Jobs Outside Higher Education