Enrollment Services Officer
Enrollment Services OfficerPosition Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
10Pay Grade Range:
$50,517 - $76,296Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
Responsible for the direct supervision of Enrollment Service Representatives. Carry out a full range of enrollment services activities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, financial aid processing and counseling.Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Counsel students on enrollment services matters. Advise them of procedures to be followed to obtaining financial assistance, determining eligibility, registering and paying bills.
Supervise and manage the activities of Enrollment Services Representatives and student workers, both undergraduate and graduate.
Coordinate all aspects of financial assistance programs, from application to verification and disbursement. Process documents to determine aid eligibility and identify and resolve conflicting information.
Evaluate information and documentation and make changes to student awards, budgets, and other data elements within PeopleSoft.
Utilize internal and external databases such as PeopleSoft, COD and NSLDS to ensure student eligibility for aid.
Counsel and advise students and parents about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, etc.
Correspond with students, faculty, staff, and parents. Interpret and explain Federal, State, and University policies, procedures, schedules, deadlines and other operational information as they relate to enrollment services.
Work closely with the call center in resolving escalated issues.
Provide excellent customer service in the form of walk-ins, phone calls, emails, and call center management.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist with the processing of loans (both Federal and private), grant programs, private donor awards, merit scholarships, graduate assistantships, and student employment.
Participate in University programs such as admission Open Houses, Welcome Days, summer orientation, and other University events.
Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers, word processing, database management and spreadsheet software; student administration software.Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of two years of experience in an enrollment services operation (financial aid, billing and collections, and /or registration and records).
3. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated experience working in a financial aid office in a higher education setting.
2. Demonstrated experience with student administration software system (i.e. PeopleSoft).
3. Demonstrated familiarity with external databases such as Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) and National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
4. Demonstrated bilingual abilities (i.e., speaking, reading, writing, etc.)
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO
POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
04/27/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).