Assistant Director, Annual GivingLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Apr 13, 2021Description:
The Assistant Director performs four roles that support achieving the yearly donor and dollar goals of the Hamilton Fund: (1) manages the volunteer engagement and fund-raising activities for 15 young alumni classes, including all GOLD classes and the 5th, 10th and 15th reunion classes; (2) manages a portfolio of 250+ young alumni Specials prospects with targeted giving of more than $200,000 and a goal of 125 young alumni members of the 1812 Leadership Circle; (3) assists the Associate Director, Annual Giving, with the planning and execution of two annual “donor rallies,” supplementing ongoing Hamilton Fund solicitation efforts, with a focus on alumni donor acquisition; and (4) coordinates, in partnership the Associate Director, Identity & Affinity Programs, the active integration of athletic teams and other alumni affinity groups into the semi-annual donor rallies with the aim of increasing donor acquisition from these groups.
- Class management
- Serves as class manager for 15 classes, ensuring a full roster of class officers (Gift Chairs and committee members), supporting and motivating those volunteers, and monitoring class performance against increasing donor and dollar goals.
- Recruits and supports additional class volunteers as may be needed to meet class goals.
- For the three classes celebrating reunions, collaborates with the Director, Alumni Relations to assist with the management of class committees and the execution of strategies to meet dollar and donor goals.
- Ensures 100 percent participation in giving from officers and volunteers for all classes managed.
- Pipeline donor portfolio management:
- Maintains a solicitation and engagement portfolio of 300+ donor prospects with demonstrated giving history and potential of $500+ annually, with accountability for increased dollar performance.
- Travels 6-8 times each year to cultivate and solicit assigned prospects.
- Support of donor rallies:
- Assists with planning and organizing two donor rallies a year, fall and spring, aimed at boosting alumni participation.
- Organizes and executes the student- and campus community-focused activities in support of the two donor rallies.
- Athletic and affinity fund-raising outreach:
- Develops relationships with athletic coaches and student affinity-group leaders to orchestrate student fund-raising outreach to the alumni of these groups to increase their level of participation in giving in the context of the twice-yearly donor rallies.
Other duties as may be assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s desirable.
- Demonstrated sales and/or direct fund-raising experience, including program management, or comparable experience in a business, nonprofit or related setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated results-orientation and a strategic, problem-solving approach to challenges
- Ability to work with colleagues effectively
- Experience developing strategic and tactical program plans
- Experience devising and managing sales or fund-raising programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, paying close attention to detail while meeting deadlines
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Capacity to master new software, especially the Blackbaud VNF platform and the Ellucian Colleague/Advancement database
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Commitment to personal growth and development is highly desirable
- Disposition to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently and to work on evenings and weekends during on-campus alumni events
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.