Administrative Assistant, Campus Police
Administrative Assistant, Campus PoliceDepartment:
Support StaffFLSA Classification:
UnionFull Time / Part Time? :
Full TimeSalary Range - Minimum:
$43,672.00 annuallyHours per week:
04/22/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, unofficial transcripts for the required degree (if applicable) must be attached and submitted at the time of application.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
- Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment background check
- Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment Drug Screening for employees that are new to the College
- Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Joliet Junior College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email [email protected] or call (815) 280-6725.Advertising Summary:
Founded in 1901 as the nation’s first public community college, JJC’s dedication to student learning, community prosperity, and personal growth has influenced generations of students and community partners. Our six campuses and extension centers ensure accessibility and empower 30,000 students annually to improve their lives through the power of education.
Our commitment to our mission drives the change and innovation necessary to meet the evolving needs of our students, employees, and community. Our continued success is drawn from talented, diverse, and committed employees whose knowledge and passion for education create a thriving culture both in and out of the classroom.
JJC supports an inclusive and collaborative environment where everyone can learn, grow, and perform at their best. We invite you to apply your skills and experience in a way that supports excellence and rewards your contributions. Join our family and make JJC your first choice!
The college supports this commitment by providing full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (employee & family)
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) and 457(b) option for pre-tax retirement savings
Joliet Junior College Tuition Assistance (employee & family)
Long Term Disability
Life Insurance & a comprehensive leave plan including:
- Federal holidays
POSITION TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Campus Police
DIVISION: Administrative Services
UNION: Technical Office Support Staff Council
REPORTS TO: Chief of Campus Police
PLACEMENT: TOSSC (Support) Grade 7
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $ 43,672 annually
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Performs a variety of responsible administrative duties in support of day-to-day department operations. The typical duties may include compiling and analyzing information for reports or presentations; preparing charts, graphs, or tables; budget tracking; responding to correspondence; editing and proof-reading documents; maintaining financial and personnel records and databases, and updating them as necessary; preparing work orders, monitoring expenditures and budgets; making travel arrangements, performing administrative services, arranging conferences and meetings; answering questions about routine policies applicable to the department. May oversee the work performed by student employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide support to Director for overall administrative and coordination of functions within the college.
2. Receive and direct visitors, handle phone calls, take and relay messages, provide requested information, prioritize and distribute mail; provide technical support to department personnel.
3. Prepare and type correspondence, documents, compile data for internal and external reports, tests and other related materials. Prepare and maintain mailing lists, records, handbooks, databases and files.
4. Manage appointment scheduling, coordinate travel arrangements, organize accommodations, maintain calendars and records, and assist with the planning and organization of department activities, events and programs.
5. Assist Chief and team with department projects. Be willing to be cross-trained and perform related tasks for all areas within the department.
6. Process purchase requisitions, transfers, direct pay vouchers, invoices, and budget adjustments; maintain department credit card and supply vendor accounts; maintain vendor files.
7. Maintaining and monitoring departmental budget by tracking budget expenditures for various categories and events. Collect, transfer, deposit, and verify monies for registration fees, etc. Maintain accounting and related business records of operations.
8. Prepare and process payroll for staff and student workers; process questionnaires, surveys, vehicle requests, facility use, mileage reimbursement, work orders and service arrangements, reconcile credit statements, and other related items.
9. Maintain professional organization memberships for Chief, command staff and department members.
10. Format and proof-read information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc.
11. Perform document management on all vendor contracts, review agreements for compliance.
12. Maintain various records related to payroll, training, etc.
13. Prepare agenda, take minutes at the department meetings, maintain records of minutes and follow up on decisions made.
14. Represent the department on college committees and provide support with special events and activities of the college and the department.
15. Monitor and maintain department supply stock as needed.
16. Perform related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associate’s Degree or equivalent in related subject; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. 2 (two) years of professional work experience.
3. Extensive personal computer and technology skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
5. Proficient in MS Office Applications and ability to learn department and job specific software systems.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal abilities both on the phone and in person.
7. Ability to work effectively with people, courteous, dependable, personable, and committed to embracing diversity.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience in a law enforcement or military setting.
2. Experience working with law enforcement records management systems
3. Familiarity with bargaining unit contracts.
4. Familiarity with compliance related to the Jeanne Clery Act.Physical Demands:
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website : https://jjc.edu/about-jjc/police-and-safety
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.