Executive Associate Dean & Professor/Clinical Professor
The College of Medicine at at Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time Academic Professional Track (Non-Tenure) Clinical Professor or full-time tenured Professor with a start date of fall of 2021. Applicants will be considered for the faculty titles of Clinical Professor or Professor and Executive Associate Dean depending on qualifications.
Responsibilities for this position as Clinical Professor/Professor will include teaching one College of Medicine curriculum course, and academic service to COM and Texas A&M University.
Responsibilities as Executive Associate Dean will be as the second in command at the College of Medicine the prospective candidate will have the central oversight of the clinical, community, education, and research missions of the College. This position will report directly to the College of Medicine Dean.
Utilizing a direct reporting structure of senior associate, associate, and assistant deans, the Executive Associate Dean will:
• Oversee the College’s Continuous Quality Improvement processes
• Oversee the College’s Evaluation and Assessment processes
• Oversee the Academic Technology and Marketing and Communication functions of the College
• Oversee the Academic Affairs and Student Affairs functions
• Oversee the basic science, clinical, educational, and translational research enterprise of the College
• Oversees the Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development efforts for the college
• Oversee the College’s Graduate Studies Office
• Oversee the College’s Medical Education and Graduate Medical Education activities
• Oversee the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts
Successful candidates will be expected to:
• Work collaboratively with the ten Department Heads of the College
• Work collaboratively with the College’s Chief of Staff
• Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration
• Ensure complete compliance with accreditation standards for the College of Medicine (LCME and SACSCOC
• Serve as the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Faculty Accreditation Lead for the College
• Assist with the College’s annual budgetary request processes
• Complete annual review/evaluation processes for direct reports
• Fill in for the Dean to run the College’s Academic Council, Executive Committee and Department Heads meetings as needed
• Fill in for the Dean for the Texas A&M University and Health Science Center Council of Deans meetings as needed
• Participate in annual campus, site, and location visits
• Other duties as assigned
The College of Medicine is committed to providing an environment which promotes the Texas A&M Core Values in its physicians and scientists. The College of Medicine emphasizes broad-based instruction in the medical sciences, and produces individuals with the knowledge, expertise, and vision to meet the challenges facing medicine in the 21st century in human science, clinical skills and patient care.
MD/DO and/or PhD
Clinical Professor or Full Professor rank
Minimum of seven years administrative experience within a medically related field
Proven experience with accreditation processes
Documented experience managing institutional finances
Proof of scholarly research experience
Proven experience managing large operational budgets
Tenured Professor preferred
Demonstrated ability to manage conflict
Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
Qualified Clinical Professor Applicants can upload their CV, Letter of Interest, and two Letters of Recommendation to: http://apply.interfolio.com/84623
Note, if you are a full professor, please apply to this Interfolio link here: http://apply.interfolio.com/84713
For further information, please contact Dr. James Samuel at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.