Manager, Clinical Data (Computing Sciences Researcher III, Multiple), Internal Medicine (Phoenix)
COM Phx Internal MedicineDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix , 1441 N 12th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking an experienced Computing Sciences Researcher III to perform functions related to the design and implementation of databases and applications to enhance, integrate, and further develop the clinical research platforms within the Arizona Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences (AZiCATS). The Computing Sciences Researcher III will report to the Senior Director, Clinical Research Operations, and liaise with the full spectrum of study personnel including clinical site PI's and research coordinators and statisticians, to manage and implement key data management functions associated with the University of Arizona clinical research and Banner Health. This position will act as the data management operational lead in the development, administration, and documentation of data collection methods, change control, data security, and data retention within the various clinical research project(s) currently sponsored and to be funded in the future.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for ourinnovative work-life programs. For more information about working at theUniversity of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gathers and analyzes data from various databases and sources, performs statistical and/or mathematical programming, develops reports and visual representations.
- Develops and/or maintains databases, and provides consultation, technical assistance, and coordination for a wide variety of investigators or other research faculty.
- Advises and assists investigators in determining the appropriate statistical methodology to meet their study needs and objectives; uses various statistical and mathematical software packages to summarize and interpret statistical results; and
designs, implements, and coordinates study activities and process improvements.
- Create, organize, and track all data management documentation including project specific documentation, i.e. Protocols, Data Management Plan and the Data Management File.
- Ensure that data management operations are conducted to SOPs and contribute to ongoing revision/improvement.
- Provide advanced leadership in data management support to create seamless project execution for all entities associated with the department, center and University of Arizona Health Sciences.
- Set-up processes for reconciliation and perform reconciliation of data from external sources (e.g. Serious Adverse Events, Central Laboratory).
- Produce information/reports from the clinical database.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing of configured databases and support/oversee data cleaning activities.
- Participate as necessary in sponsor audits, regulatory authority inspections and other third party meetings. Ensure that any recommendations are discussed and that solutions are incorporated.
- Ensure that adequate QC checks (including spot checks) and Database Quality Assessments on the clinical databases of assigned projects.
- Retrieval of complex epidemiological data.
- Complex analyses of data and economic measures.
- Apply epidemiological data to economic models and analytics platforms.
- Ongoing review of patient data to identify trends in outcomes.
- Propose research areas for study development and evaluation.
- Ensure validity of data and metrics.
- Develop ongoing reporting.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- REDCap Database development experience.
• Master’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Life Science, Mathematics related field.
• Experience with at least one clinical data management system (CDMS) including an understanding of database design, set-up and user acceptance testing; edit check development and/or programming and validation; management of data entry and queries; and study change control.
• Previous academic medical setting experience preferred.
• Data and computer system information management experience, relational database knowledge, programming experience (any language), and experience overseeing personnel and projects.
• Strong organization, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in designing Relational Databases.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• CCDM certification.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828 - $86,417 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
7/12/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
4/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.