Administrative Support Assistant II, Harshbarger-Mines Business Center (HMBC)
Chemical & Environmental EngrDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Harshbarger-Mines Business Center (HMBC) at the University of Arizona, seeks an Office Assistant (Administrative Support Assistant II) to join its team. The business center provides financial, human resources, and administrative support to four academic departments within the College of Engineering: Chemical and Environmental Engineering; Civil and Architectural Engineering Mechanics; Materials Science and Engineering; and Mining and Geological Engineering. This position requires a person committed to providing excellent customer service, a great deal of initiative and the ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment. The successful candidate will join the team that supports the financial operations of our departments, such as purchasing, shipping and receiving, employee reimbursements, and mail distribution. We offer a great opportunity for continued career development and advancement; the successful candidate will be coached and mentored by our business manager.Due to the nature of the duties performed by this position, the successful candidate will be required to work on campus. We adhere to all appropriate workplace COVID-19 prevention measures and follow CDC guidance and UArizona's administrative directive to mitigate virus transmission.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service for business center hub assisting faculty, students, and staff with purchasing, travel and reimbursement needs.
- Place orders with purchasing card (Pcard) and prepare transactions for reconciliation.
- Process reimbursements.
- Prepare travel authorizations and process reimbursements.
- Process purchase requisitions.
- Maintain the master vendor list for purchasing contact information.
- Perform general office tasks such as, mail distribution, electronic file maintenance, copying, ordering supplies, and monitoring office supply inventory.
- Back up to annual capital inventory procedure.
- Stays current with UArizona policies and procedures regarding purchasing, travel, and Pcard.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience.
• Experience with UArizona business enterprise systems such as UAccess Financials and Analytics.
• Experience interpreting and applying UArizona Purchasing, Pcard, and Travel policies.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $19.96 (DOE)Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/17/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Rose Evans: [email protected]Open Date:
4/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Finalists will be asked to provide contact information for three professional references and who will be asked to upload a letter of recommendation into TALENT.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.