Nurse Practitioner II (Part Time)
Family and Community MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The purpose of this position is to support the Mobile Health Program in the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines to rural areas of Southern Arizona. The person in this position will be the clinical lead for the vaccine clinics.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draws vaccines and administers COVID-19 vaccines. Observes and treats patients with adverse reactions. Teaches and mentors medical and nursing students on-site. Collaborates with other volunteer providers on-site and acts as clinical lead, providing technical direction for students, nurses, and medical assistants.
- Administrative duties related to vaccine storage and patient records. Attendance at monthly staff meetings and planning sessions for vaccine events.
- Assist in logistical support by identifying supply needs or changes to better the functioning of the clinic.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Arizona, or will be by date of hire. Graduation from an approved school of nursing and completion of an approved adult or family practice Nurse Practitioner program.
*Be able to travel in large amounts to remote areas of Southern Arizona. Overnight stays and working on weekends may be required.*Be able to lead clinical on-site to orient volunteer medical assistants to process and systems.*Have a high flexibility in schedule and adaptability are required for this position due vaccine clinics being scheduled in coordination with county governments and community sites and are dependent on vaccine allocation.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
20 - 32Job FTE:
0.5 - 0.8Work Calendar:
Health Care and WellnessBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
Healthcare ProvidersJob Function:
Health Care & WellnessType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Alicia Dinsmore |[email protected]Open Date:
4/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.