Systems Administrator II
Social & Behavioral Sci AdminDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Information Technology Services is searching for a Systems Administrator II to join our team. The selected candidate will work with a group of our College’s IT experts to provide solutions that enhance research, learning, and operations for the college and the university.
SBS Tech (SBS Information Technology Services) provides innovative, reliable, and accessible information technology services to faculty, staff, and students in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences to help the College and its constituents achieve their goals as a learning and research community. Our team of skilled and knowledgeable individuals possesses a wide array of technical expertise and experience. In support of the College’s goals as a learning community, we strive to stay up to date with the latest technologies available and encourage continued learning opportunities such as pursuing advanced degrees and certifications.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures, and maintains operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements.
- Installs and maintains server hardware.
- Monitors and optimizes systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Manages 1000+ systems in the College’s Active Directory Organizational Unit.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Maintains College assets in the University’s enterprise anti-virus system.
- Maintains the integrity and security of our systems and servers.
- Maintains system documentation and changelogs.
- Implements data backup and disaster recovery procedures, and responds to security breaches, service interruptions, and other critical situations to re-establish system functionality.
- Maintains the College’s firewall and network.
- Work with external vendor support representatives as needed for business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Experience with virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Server Environment
- Experience with systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Core and Datacenter
- Experience with SCCM
- Familiarity with Hyper-V virtualization
- Cloud computing experience AWS/Azure
- Experience with PowerShell
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with Privileged Access Management
- Experience with Database Management
- Experience installing, trouble-shooting and supporting analytic tools
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $65,344Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Systems AdminJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
4/6/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.