Instructional Designer II
Vet Med AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona’s College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Instructional Designer II. These positions provide high-quality support to Academic Programs and faculty course leads to UA-CVM pre-clerkship students in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional program. The successful candidates will exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment working in an environment that is very fast-paced and centered around team-based learning and peer instruction. The successful candidates will have working knowledge in using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; and have strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. These positions will serve as the bridge between the faculty and Elentra (the learning management system) and classroom instruction.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with faculty, academic staff, and administrators in the design, production, and implementation of the curriculum.
- Uploading, quiz creation, formatting, and other tasks as required to assist with timely and accurate completion of lessons and courses.
- Assists faculty with setting instructional goals, creating engaging and compelling learning activities, Thinkspace applications, PowerPoint presentations for teaching, and gathering documents and course materials and entering it into Elentra (the Learning Management System).
- Serves as quality control in making sure all prep material is properly linked in Elentra before sharing it with the students.
- Creates supporting material (graphics, audio, video, simulations, etc).
- Transcribes audio and visual into text and ensures the curriculum meets university standards for accessibility.
- Assists with the preparation of modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of the course in a team-based learning and peer instructional environment.
- Communicates positively and liaisons with all CVM staff, faculty, course leads, and administrators.
- Maintains confidentiality in all arenas including educational materials such as course protocols, course materials, exam questions, and test results. Ensures security of exams.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of LMS software concept (Learning Management Systems)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Exceptional organizational, detail, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast–paced environment and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience writing instructional text, transcribe audio andvideo
- Experience with backwards design
- Experience in instructional design or educational technology
- Experience with HTML coding
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Instructional and Assessment ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Instructional Design & SupportJob Function:
Instruct & Assessment ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
5/17/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.