Research Data Support Specialist II (Center for Toxicology)(Part Time)
Center for ToxicologyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position will enable the Community Engagement Core of the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center for Toxicology to document and disseminate our community engagement outreach and research methods in academic journals as well as to community, partners, and other community engagement professionals within the University.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct an extensive literature review concerning work with tribal communities and about Native student needs related to transferring to 4-year institutions.
- Interviewing CEC staff and others involved in Tribal outreach to learn what worked in the 2020 program.
- Drafting manuscripts, including additional drafts due to feedback and editing, for a partnership article and an article of case studies to share in an article for Higher Education.
- Meeting a few times each week with the Director and with the ASJ team.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
$17.00 - $19.00Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Marti Lindsey |[email protected]Open Date:
4/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.