Job location: San Antonio Annex - Remote Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for an experienced and versatile Technical Business Analyst to improve our information technology requirements process and systems. In this role, your duties will include converting business requirements to technical requirements to improve our business operations. You may also be required to provide training.
To ensure success as a Technical Business Analyst, you should demonstrate experience and creativity in system requirement gathering and application translation. Outstanding Technical Business Analysts combine their IT expertise with in-depth business knowledge.
Duties and Tasks:
- Performing system analyses on software programs, applications, and web services.
- Determining system efficiency and functionality by liaising with internal departments and end-users.
- Reporting to Management and obtaining approval for system development projects.
- Efficiently integrating new systems, programs, and applications with business operations and services.
- Analyzing and improving the performance of support services.
- Ensuring end-user proficiency with new systems, programs, and applications across departments.
- Monitoring product licenses and ensuring compliance with IT industry regulations.
- Ensuring that computer hardware remains compatible with system enhancements and updates.
- Promoting system efficiency and security by integrating performance metrics.
- Implementing new advancements in the field of system and enterprise architecture.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or similar.
- Extensive experience in technical business analysis in Higher Education preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages like SQL and system integration solutions.
- Ability to facilitate internal end-user proficiency.
- Ability to design and maintain efficient customer support and feedback channels.
- Working knowledge of data and system security.
- Ability to keep up with IT advancements.
- Exceptional communication skills toward facilitating the use of new software systems.
- Knowledge of relevant licensing and industry compliance regulations.
- Lead process redesign and requirements gathering workshops
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitor and Measure performance of systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide Techno-Functional training across teams
- Manage the change request process, ensuring changes to the existing configuration, data structures and process definitions meet the functional and integration requirements
- Highly responsive with an ability to handle escalations quickly and professionally
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period