Conference & Events Services - Sr. Student Staff (Summer 2021)
Job no: 498550
Department: Housing Dining Recreation & Business Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Student
Categories: Camps and Special Events, Office, Clerical, Administrative Support
Status: Part Time
Conference & Events Services - Sr. Student Staff (Summer 2021)Salary/Grade:
$9.50hrHours Per Week:
The Conference Services Senior Staff report to the Associate Director for Conferences or the Director of Marcum Center. Senior Staff will be familiar with all tasks but one particular area may be assigned to further develop an expertise and proficiency with it.
1. CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT: Providing impeccable customer service to the various hotel guests, summer conference groups and camp attendees. Ensuring a secure and safe environment for guests. Proactively managing guest experience while they are on campus as well as reacting to issues that arise requiring solutions.
2. CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT: Assist with the administrative responsibilities in preparation for check-in of our groups. Coordinate services with various campus partners including dining, housing, physical facilities, and university police.
3. BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: Gaining proficiency with computer systems, including Opera, Iris Coordinator, MyCard, and CSGold for daily management of work.
4. PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Complete assigned projects thoroughly, accurately and with efficiency.
5. EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT: Coordinate the activities of conference service assistants in providing service to various conference guests.
Required skills and qualifications
Must be enrolled either at Miami or another university for the coming semester.
Prior customer service or conference experience is preferred.
Demonstrated attention to detail, professionalism, dependability, and excellent communication skills
Proven decision-making abilities and self-direction
Human Resources Details
Availability for employment May 19 – August 13, 2021
20-40 hours per week; shifts will vary in length from 4-8 hours
Schedule will vary weekly based on hotel and event schedule
Hours to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, over nights and weekends
Work performed is highly complex and requires extensive training (either coursework or in-house departmental training).
Work is often done independently of supervision.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 12 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time