13-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Health Services Boca Raton, FL, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant assists the Health Center Director with maintaining the mission, goals and objectives of the Health Center as it relates to the Vision and Mission of Lynn University; Provides support with the daily operations of the Health Center, including but not limited to: processing patient intake documentation and student health enrollment requirements, management of patient charts and other records, assists with office telephone triage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expected to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ensures that patient confidentiality and trust are a key priority in all office activities.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, clinical forms, resource documents.
- Coordinates all patient appointments; follows up with patients regarding missed appointments.
- Greets and directs patients, medical representatives, and visitors, as necessary.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry or directs caller to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains accurate, current files of registered University students in the Jenzabar system.
- Updates storage system with former student's health records for a period of (7) seven years.
- Collaborates with other departments to increase health & wellness educational programs, as a representative of the Health Center.
- Plans and promotes Health Center programs and events, including wellness days and all other awareness campaigns to enhance the University community's overall knowledge and to increase self-responsibility.
- Tracks and orders stock of supplies for office and program usage.
- Responsible for updating the trend tracker system for office visits, via the Daily Log.
- Creates and implements surveys or other data analysis methods to track trends.
- Coordinates and/or participates in special projects or activities, to meet the needs of the student population.
- Register patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
- Verification and compliance of required immunizations.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and updating all Health Center information on the web-site and university bulletin boards.
- Maintains a relationship with medical representatives in the community and keeps referral and resource guide current.
- Assist in development of short/long term planning strategies including policy and procedure development.
- Follow-up with all lab and insurance inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a current CPR Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Accreditation and equal opportunity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Jenzabar Software a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and diagnoses.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.