Date Posted:13-Apr-2021 Close All Job SummaryThe College of Media, Communication and Information (CMCI) is seeking an outstanding instructor to teach courses for first-year students through our residential academic program (CMCI CommRap) to support first-year curriculum. The successful applicant will have demonstrated superior teaching of undergraduate courses in small sections and will demonstrate an understanding of the needs of first-year college students. Service is an important aspect of the position, and will include planning and attending co-curricular events associated with classes, as well other activities intended to help build community within the residence hall.
This is a full-time instructor rank position to begin Fall 2021. Instructors are appointed on three-year, renewable contracts and are eligible for a full range of benefits. After appropriate years of teaching and service achievement, they may be considered for promotion to the rank of senior instructor. Opportunities for paid summer teaching may also be available.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreEstablished in 2015, the College of Media, Communication and Information is at the forefront of the revolution in communication and digital technology. CMCI prides itself on offering students an interdisciplinary education with a focus on innovation and creativity. Our students and faculty from six departments and an independent PhD program think across boundaries, innovate around emerging problems and create culture that transcends convention.
CMCI strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this commitment and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities, ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of marginalization. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Teach three courses per semester, primarily in the residential academic program
- Engage in service to support first-year student experiences, including via planning and attending co-curricular events associated with the residential academic program and activities that help support first-year student experience outside the residential academic program
- Collaborate with other faculty and staff to develop and deliver events that support first-year student engagement
- Assist with planning and delivery of orientation for first-year CMCI students
Salary range: $58,000 - $60,000.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Accomplished. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Ph.D. in one of the CMCI academic fields or closely-related subject area
- Proven success teaching at the university level
- Experience teaching introductory courses that enroll first-year students
- Dedication to interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- Experience teaching students in residential contexts
- Knowledge of first-year student development
- Experience collaborating on initiatives that support student transition to college
1. Cover Letter that specifically addresses your interests and career path2. Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume3. Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Experience uploaded in PDF format4. You will need to enter contact information for three (3) references during the application process
We will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
The position is open until filled. For full consideration, please submit all application materials by May 3, 2021.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]