Student: Delivery Driver
Student: Delivery DriverRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$8.00/hr + tipsType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position. This position is located off-campus with a local Lexington employer and is not affiliated with the university.
As the largest franchisee of our company, we can offer opportunities that will take you anywhere you want to go. If you are interested in a great environment, want to be independent and have fun while making new friends and earning extra cash then we have an opportunity for you. Working as a Delivery Driver for our company will let you benefit from our training and development while still having the time to do the things you enjoy.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But here are a few skills you should have from the get-go, as well as some requirements:
- A clean driving record: If you’re on a first name basis with the people at traffic court, this probably isn’t the right job for you. Safety is our priority.
- You’ll also need a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle.
- Friendly demeanor: Smile, tell a joke treat our customers like you would your family and friends. Think of it this way – a smile and a kind word can mean the difference between a wallet full of tips and just some extra change for your cup holder.
- Keen sense of direction: You should know how to read a map and find your way around your delivery area. Think of all of the short cuts you’ll learn!
- Age restrictions: Our delivery drivers need to be at least 18 years old.
- Dress the part: We’ll provide you with a uniform. We just ask that you keep it clean and come to work wearing it.
Just a few more things: You’ll need some basic math skills, the desire to work as part of a team and enthusiasm for learning.Deadline to Apply:
05/11/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: