Contract Coordinator, Electrical
Present Position Number:
00129WRole Code Title:
Trades Technician IVPosition Title:
Contract Coordinator, ElectricalPosition Summary:
William & Mary is seeking a qualified Electrical Contract Coordinator. This position will provide contract coordination and administration related to maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment, and elevators for all facilities and utility systems. Position coordinates efforts with Dominion Power to continue the University Mission. Responds to requests from FPD&C for technical assistance to review draft plans and specifications in accordance with building and electrical codes.Required Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED certification.
• Electrician’s Master License.
• Extensive journeyman level electrical maintenance and construction experience
• Extensive knowledge of electrical construction and/or maintenance procedures, state and national codes relating to electrical maintenance and construction.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with contractors, architect/engineers, and utilize procurement procedures to continue the University Mission.
• Must be able to interpret construction specifications and provide simple plan design for permit submittals.
• Valid driver’s license
• Have knowledge of contract administration procedures and policies
• Participate in contract review committees, prepare and process contractor estimates, process purchase orders, and invoices for payment of services.
• Training or certification in Contract Administration
$35,136 to $54,055, Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
951100 Plant AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U08Job Open Date:
04/13/2021Job Close Date:
05/04/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
• This position has been designated as essential and may require reporting to work when the college is officially closed.
• This position is non-exempt, eligible to receive overtime for hours worked in a week beyond 40. This position is subject to overtime (both scheduled and unscheduled).
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php