BUILDING SERVICES MANAGER
BUILDING SERVICES MANAGERDepartment:
FMD Svcs-Building ServicesAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department:
The University of Georgia Facilities Management Division is the largest of seven (7) divisions reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The exceptional staff of over 900 personnel within the division manage, operate and maintain campus landscapes, buildings and infrastructure to promote the long-term sustainability of the University.College/Unit/Department website:
TRS or ORPEmployment Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
Monday- Friday 5:30pm- 2am NIGHT SHIFT. Some day and/or weekend work may be required to meet the needs of the business.Advertised Salary:
$40,000- $45,000Posting Date:
04/12/2021Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
06/01/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications:
At least 6 years of supervisory experience in a custodial cleaning or facilities management. Bachelor’s degree in management, public administration or related field or higher is preferred. Supervisory experience in sustainable/green cleaning program is preferred.
Certifications in: APPA, IFMA, ISSA, IJCSA, or CFMP
The Building Services’ Manager (Night Shift) is a key position within Facilities Management Division’s Building Services unit. Reporting directly to an Assistant Director, this position will be responsible for management of custodial operations within an assigned campus zone. The Building Services’ Manager directly supervises Building Services Worker Lead positions their crews responsibilities for care, cleaning, and minor maintenance of campus building and fixtures. Responsible for disseminating information and training material related to productivity, safety, and work performance. Provides guidance to Building Service Worker Leads regarding personnel concerns, team performance, employee development, employee performance, overall work results, stakeholder experience and satisfaction. Assists the Assistant Director and can serve as back-up as needed. Works closely with other managers within FMD and shifts to ensure seamlessness of operations including work routines, equipment and supply recommendations and purchases.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
• Thorough knowledge of custodial supplies & materials, cleaning equipment, products, techniques and industry standards.
• Thorough knowledge of the operation and care of custodial equipment, tools, and supplies common to the care of large facilities and campuses.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with stakeholders.
• Knowledge in training, coordinating, scheduling, and supervising work activities and others.
• Strong Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software, proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Excellent leadership skills that promote employee development and accountability.
• Ability to manage and oversee budgets, equipment and supply requisitions.
• Ability to review current process, identify and implement changes to increase efficiencies.
• Lift up to 40 lbs.
• Frequently bend, squat, lift, kneel, and work with hands above head.
• Work from 8’ ladders.
• Travel to buildings in area of responsibility.
• Move throughout buildings to perform building inspections.
YesIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
Oversee and direct the custodial operations, for multiple teams of an assigned campus zone.
• Provide emergency support.
• Directs the custodial cleaning and operations (includes light bulb maintenance accessible from 8’ ladders).
• Focuses on team performance, employee development, employee performance, overall work results.
• Ensure the quality of stakeholder experience and satisfaction.
Ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Reviews work assignments, priorities, service programs, procedures, routines.
• Stay current on professional best practices.
• Maintain supply and material inventory; ensure proper maintenance of equipment and vehicles through regularly scheduled preventive and predictive maintenance through use of serialized equipment log and computerized facility management systems.
Foster and maintain relationships with stakeholders
• Meets regularly with stakeholders.
• Resolve issues when arise.
• Establish and ensure expectations are being met.
• Performs related work as needed or directed by Assistant Director and or Director.
Leads Human Resources efforts for area
• Collaborate with Assistant Director, Director, and FMD HR for recruitment and hiring.
• Coordinate with Services Training Team on the development and implementation of employee training.
• Manage annual performance review for team members within zone.
Provide budget oversight for area
• Oversee all purchases: supplies, materials, cleaning chemicals within assigned area.
• Review overtime or other expenditures which can impact the business unit.
• Conducts approvals for payroll in computerized facility management software, UGA time and payroll software, and other records management systems.