Application Programmer Associate
Application Programmer AssociateDepartment:
EITS Administrative Info SystemsAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.Posting Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm; Occasional after-hours as needed.Advertised Salary:
35,000 - 48,000; Commensurate with ExperiencePosting Date:
04/14/2021Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
05/01/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
IT Application Support Paraprofessional/ProfessionalJob Family:
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with SQL, Oracle Database, Oracle PeopleTools, Object Oriented Programming, and XML highly desired.Position Summary:
Develop, code, test, implement and document changes to modern Oracle applications such as PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 and/or Hyperion using related Oracle system development tools and database structures. Administer role based security for PeopleSoft Financials and Hyperion.
Modify and enhance application systems and programs based on client requests and/or analyst/supervisor’s general instructions. Support production application system operation as needed.
This position, in support of UGA Administrative Information Systems, will support the integration, implementation and operation of system applications.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
Be flexible to handle multiple work assignments, changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; good communication, presentation and project management skills.
Experience with SQL, Oracle Database, Oracle PeopleTools, Object Oriented Programming, and XML. 2+ years experience with PeopleSoft or Hyperion development and security administration.Physical Demands:
Sitting for long periods, working with a keyboard, mouse and monitor.Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
Modify and enhance application systems and programs based on analyst/supervisor’s general instructions.
1. Code, test, implement and document programs using state-of-the-art program and system development tools, languages and database structures with appropriate guidance and increasing independence.
2. Interpret requirements provided by analyst/supervisor. Translate requirements into technical solutions, seeking guidance when needed.
3. Test against appropriate non-production environments, investigating results.
4. Implement modifications/enhancements efficiently.
5. Maintain appropriate documentation and test scripts related to operational application systems.
6. Participate in training opportunities to remain current in technical skills.
Implement, and administer security and workflow configurations within the PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Phire, and related centrally supported Finance systems utilized by UGA.
1. Provide support to end users for PeopleSoft and Hyperion security and workflow under direction of direct supervisor and AIS senior leadership
2. Participate in the documentation of functional requirements, system design specifications, use cases, workflow diagrams, and interface designs.
3. Troubleshoot and resolve application issues as assigned.
4. Process access request change forms, ensuring appropriate approvals and controls are adhered to.
5. Maintain appropriate documentation to operational application systems security and workflow.
6. Mentor junior programmers in administering security and workflow configurations within PeopleSoft, Phire, and related systems.
Support production application system operation as needed.
1.Provide emergency response for critical systems and applications.
2. Assist in identifying program problems (debug/troubleshoot); formulate and implement appropriate corrections with guidance.
3. Develop software solutions to satisfy customer ad hoc requirements.
4. Ability to understand and adhere to pre-established guidelines and standards to perform function of job.
5. Collaborate with functional partners, developers and support to define and understand both functional and technical requirements for PeopleSoft Systems.