Posting Number: SRGV4999
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Student Activities
Scope of Job:
To assist in the operation of the Spirit Program and signature events for Student Activities. The program coordinator will oversee the coordination of signature events such as Spirit Week and Homecoming. Responsible for all phases of the UTRGV Cheer, Dance and Mascot program, including budget recommendations, program selection, staff supervision, recommendations for future planning, and innovation.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities relating to the UTRGV Spirit Program (cheer, dance, and mascot teams) and provides supervision to assigned programs, part-time staff (coaches), student groups (The Herd and UTRGV Royals), and events.
• Plans and coordinates annual UTRGV signature events such as the Spirit Week and Homecoming. Works closely with university departments and external agencies on outreach events and participation from Spirit Program.
• Coordinates program to ensure appearances and performances by Spirit Program teams are carried out in accordance with the specific program objectives.
• Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
• Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for the program; recommends and interprets university policy and issues directions for improvement.
•Reviews program records and reports of activities and recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required.
•Coordinates recruitment and selection of new team members.
• Coordinates long and short term programs, including performing feasibility studies and estimating the cost of the program.
•Supervises and coordinates summer cheer/dance camps for local middle and high school students at the university.
•Facilitates inventory control and procurement of all Spirit Program equipment and uniforms.
• Represents department in official functions.
•May plan, develop, organize, and coordinate research and survey designs.
•Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
•Provides appropriate reports as required for the project or program.
•Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
•Coordinates and oversees support programs for team members (tutorial, counseling, teaching, and/or training activities).
•Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with a Master’s degree, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office or classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem solving ability. Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/02/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28007
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency