Graduate Program Specialist - Medicine
Job Title: Graduate Program Specialist - Medicine
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48689
Division of Research & Graduate Programs – College of MedicineEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed here.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience; or a high school diploma or equivalency and six years of experience.(Note: or a combination of post-high school education and experience equal to six years.)
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
- Experience demonstrating effective customer service skills.
- Experience gathering, interpreting, reporting, and/or editing information.
- Experience evaluating process effectiveness and developing change or alternatives.
- Experience compiling, reviewing, and reconciling data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Experience writing and/or proofreading and editing written word and/or information in various formats.
- Experience preparing clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Valid Florida or Georgia Driver's License, or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret program requirements for Biomedical Sciences.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and retrieve files from active or archive sources. Basic filing practices to include numeric and alphabetic systems.
- Experience preparing and monitoring budget information.
- Experience providing leadership and direction in programmatic, budgetary, and operational functions.
- Knowledge of academic resources available to students.
- Knowledge of public relations practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize and evaluate meetings and/or events.
- Experience preparing clear and concise policies.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Applications to be reviewed as received by the hiring committee.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.