Perform a variety of custodial tasks in the cleaning and maintenance of College facilities to include, classrooms, office areas, restrooms, residence life rooms, gyms, and entryways. Positions are part-time and will work up to 19 hours per week.
- Clean and maintain college facilities to include, but not limited to, the following: glass doors, windows, drinking fountains, clean chalk and white boards, building entry areas and lobbies, carpeting, floors, elevators, and ash and trash receptacles.
- Visually inspect areas for cleanliness and problems in need of repair. Report problems to supervisor. May recommend actions appropriate to deter vandalism and other damage. Maintain safety of College facilities by turning on/off lights and keeping sidewalks and entryways free of debris.
- Clean and maintain restroom facilities, sanitizing restroom fixtures, wet mop floors, and restocking supplies.
- Inform Supervisor when cleaning supplies and/or replacement parts need to be replaced or restocked. Assist in stocking campus building with necessary supplies.
- Make a visual inspection and clean lighting fixtures, and ensure all lights are working replacing bulbs as needed.
- Prepare work orders and report problems to supervisor.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Ability to read, write, and perform math calculations. May need special license/rating
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year related experience
SALARY: $13.13 per hour - up to 19 hours per week
Deadline: Open until filled. Review of applications is dependent upon positions needed.
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Driver's License and be insurable to drive college vehicles. This position may be required to work rotating shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
Letter of interestCurrent resumeThe background verification level for this position is: Basic level + DL.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to understand information on MSDA sheets.
- Ability to understand and follow directions
Duties performed cause fatigue of eyes, hands, or other faculties due to long periods of standing, sitting, climbing, reaching, and/or repetitive motion. Duties require continuous effort in working with moderate to heavy (25 lbs to 50 lbs and on occasion, over 100 lbs with assistance) materials producing body fatigue. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Basic Level Interpersonal Skills: Position engages in or requires some or all of the following: General friendliness, courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationships, including contracts to request or provide information and/or exchange data. This level of skill is required for effective job performance. Position may deal with confidential information and has limited to some contact with students, program participants, and/or the public. Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression