GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKER
Under the supervision of the Director of Campus Planning and Facilities or his/her designee, this employee performs custodial work, grounds care, and snow removal. Please note, this position starts out at an hourly rate of $15.95 for a probationary period of 6 months, then the hourly rate increases to $19.80.Essential Job Functions
- Custodial duties e.g. general cleaning of offices, corridors, washrooms, and storage areas.
- Vacuuming, dusting, polishing and waxing furniture, fixtures and floors.
- Window washing.
- Floor care - such as stripping, waxing, and buffing.
- Special set-ups as required, to include rearranging furniture, and general clean-up after events.
- Painting, to include preparation and clean-up.
- Building security, e.g. locks doors, reports fires, flooding, etc.
- Loading and unloading vehicles (at least 65 lbs.).
- Grounds care, snow removal, e.g. trims, plants, transplants and cares for trees, flowers, shrubs, and lawns.
- Operates and maintains grounds equipment and College vehicles.
- Maintains roadway, parking lots, and playing fields.
- Minor repair of cleaning equipment.
- Minor carpet repairs.
- Minor repairs of fixtures and building equipment as they relate to the assignment.
- Digs ditches and/or trenches when required for construction or site development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED; general mechanical ability; ability to follow orders either orally or written; ability to work well with others; good physical condition to perform custodial duties and tasks that require stooping, bending, lifting (at least 65 lbs.), and climbing ladders; possession of a valid vehicle operator's license; ability to operate snow removal equipment; and ability to perform grounds care work as assigned.Supplemental Information