Web Writer, Marketing & Communications
The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, authentic and resonant voice to strategically advance the University of Denvers brand with four goals in mind:
- To promote and protect DUs reputation
- To inspire students to enroll and engage
- To increase inclusion
- To strengthen the University
MarComm aims to strengthen DUs strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement.
Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
As the Website Copywriter, you will be responsible for copy written for newly designed DU.edu websites. You must be an excellent storyteller and be comfortable writing in a variety of tones to appeal to a wide audience, including a teenage audience, to increase engagement to the website. You will be responsible for writing and editing website content written in alignment with style, tone and brand guidelines.
You will collaborate closely with teammates throughout the Marketing and Communications department and with constituents in other departments across campus producing digital copy that reflects varying organizational and business objectives. You will research, plan, write and analyze methodology for digital writing and leverage analytics and user testing to gauge effectiveness. It is important that you have a strong knowledge of digital advertising platforms, SEO writing practices and content marketing strategy.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Research, plan and write inspiring, informative, engaging and audience-relevant copy for newly designed websites.
- Interface with clients to determine website needs and develop information architecture.
- Populate online content via content management systems.
- Coordinate with external agencies and internal team members on a wide variety of website projects.
- Create and interpret digital project deliverables and marketing/communication documents.
- Consult with MarComm leadership on voice, tone and style of content.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year university or relevant experience/on job training in a professional or military setting.
- 2+ years of professional experience writing copy specifically for web platforms and editing online content in a variety of formats.
- Experience with open-source CMS platforms: Drupal preferred.
- Solid competency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with GatherContent preferred.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade number for this position is 9.
The hourly range for this position is $30.00 - $35.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.