WELL PT Literacy Instructor
The PT Literacy Instructor will teach units of ABE, ESL and transitions courses as assigned, and provide related supportive services for students enrolled in the WELL Program. The instructor must have experience working with diverse populations, be flexible regarding work schedule and location, and be able to prepare and deliver lessons appropriate for face to face or online remote formats. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Adult Education, or related instructional field and at least two years of experience working within the ABE community. Two years of experience teaching units of ESL and Reading or Social Studies, and at least two years of experience working with diverse age, ethnic and socioeconomic groups in an educational environment. Demonstrated knowledge of PA Academic and College and Career Readiness Standards, and WIOA guidelines. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to teach, motivate and relate positively to adult learners
* Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize educational, tools, websites, resources and technologies effectively
* Demonstrated knowledge of PDE guidelines for adult education and literacy
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population of staff, faculty and students
* Demonstrated knowledge of adult educational, workforce development and career transitional services
* Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment
* Demonstrated proficiency with Internet, E-mail, GoogleApps, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access
* Demonstrated ability to travel to off-site locations (local & regional) that may not be accessible via public transportation
* PA Teaching certification preferred.
* Familiarity with PA state and local adult education policies and resources.
* Familiarity with workforce readiness, digital literacy, and instructional resources.
* Knowledgeable of PA Dept. of Education data systems.This position requires a background check.
This position requires Child Abuse Certifications prior to the commencement of service.
This is a grant funded position.Please note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.
This position is temporarily assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote), the duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the Department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-1300 Cecil B. Moore
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular