10018565 System Administrator I (INTERNAL ONLY)
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Technology Resources Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides server and software management for the university’s enterprise systems.
- Maintains enterprise systems consistent with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains hardware, including servers, computers, point of sale devices, and security cameras.
- Manages a variety of Windows and Linux servers.
- Installs, maintains, and supports client-server software.
- Performs maintenance and installs OS patches, fixes, and updates.
- Creates scripts to automate administrative tasks.
- Performs system monitoring; verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware server resources, systems, and key processes; reviews system and application logs.
- Creates and maintains system documentation.
- Conducts support and training as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of server and computer installation, maintenance and operation principles.
- Knowledge of software installation, configuration, security, and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of server security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of IT customer support principles and practices.
- Knowledge of system monitoring and capacity analysis principles.
- Skill in analysis, decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Enterprise Systems Management Director assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Microsoft Best Practices guides, copyright laws, University System of Georgia security policies and procedures (USG IT Handbook), and university security policies and standards. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied systems administration duties. Technology innovations and changing user needs contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide server and software management for the university’s enterprise systems. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of university operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, vendors, consultants, representatives of other colleges and universities, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of an associate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Pay grade 21.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018565 System Administrator I 4.12.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume an MGA Staff application, a letter of interest, which includes salary requirements, and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D