University Housing Coordinator
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-12
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Supports the Housing Business Administrator in overseeing the day to day planning, coordination, administration, and implementation of all matters pertaining to university housing. Represents the university in faculty onboarding and inspecting of university homes. Works closely with Housing Maintenance staff to ensure that homes are cleaned and maintained up to standard. Evaluates processes for all residential lease agreements, policies, and procedures.
(1) Conducts annual home visits/inspections of University homes. Documents condition of the home and appliances needing repair or replacement. Coordinates work with Housing Maintenance team and charges (if applicable) with the resident. Monitors work orders and service requests for university housing;
(2) Assists the Housing Business Administrator with university housing emergency situations as needed. Holds department cell phone and responds both over the phone and in person to emergencies as necessary. Hours may vary requiring work on the weekends, holidays and/or after hours based on resident needs. Requires flexible schedule;
(3) Maintains accurate faculty housing waitlist for university owned homes. Coordinates housing needs with Human Resources and faculty administration. Effectively communicates availability with faculty members and coordinate transfers;
(4) Prepare monthly occupancy and statistical reports for management as needed. Maintains accurate inventory of all housing units, including status of occupancy, keys, etc. Participate in structuring rent strategies to optimize revenue from university housing.
(5) Handles all communications to residents of university housing, including any major construction projects, changes in rent rates, etc. Maintains Housing website to ensure accurate information is posted;
(6) Develop and implement short-term monthly rental program including: furnishing units, conduct inspections, issuing contracts, creating reservation system, coordinating reservations and cleaning of rental units, scheduling maintenance and cleaning of units, maintaining 80% occupancy;
(7) Oversees overall cleanliness and maintenance of university housing. Completes and approves check in and check out inspections for all university housing. Ensures units are clean for new check-in / transfers and paperwork is processed in a timely manner;
(8) Enforces occupancy tenant rules as noted on contracts and lease agreements. Reviews polices and processes to ensure alignment with university's strategic vision and goals. Ensures security deposit and rent is paid on time. Setup, adjust and maintain accurate payroll deductions for all residents. Monitor, approve, and process utility charges for all university housing. Communicate with utility companies as needed to start and stop services;
(9) Conducts onboarding housing meetings with all potential faculty candidates, explaining procedures / housing options and University expectations.
(10) Develops rapport with residents in order to establish trust and open communication. Address and resolve issues/concerns in a professional manner as they arise;
(11) Handles and maintains current leases and short-term rental agreements for university housing. Ensure records are accurate and up to date. Revise and update leases as required.
(12) Collaborate with Facilities Maintenance team to develop plans for upgrades and renewals to be performed in housing units.
(13) Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and/or 2-4 years of related experience in real estate or facilities/property management.
2-4 years relevant experience
Working and communicating with people from diverse backgrounds
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Able to read, write and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership, residents and contractors
Outdoor work in typical construction site conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.