GCHC Scheduling Coordinator
Job Title: GCHC Scheduling Coordinator
Location: GCHC Administration
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224939
- Monitors the CQI Monthly Medical Reprieve Request Logs by collecting data and Submission of Summary Report to GCHC Medical Services Coordinator by the 10th of each month (Logs due from the Field by the 5th of each month).
- Assists with Special Project Request (s) from GCHC Vice President.
- Assists with Special Project Request (s) from GCHC Executive Director.
- Assists with Special Project Request (s) from GCHC Medical Director.
- Assists with Special Project Request (s) from GCHC Medical Services Coordinator.
- Monitors Additional CQI Assignments as assigned by GCHC Medical Services Coordinator.
- Assist and/or Provides the Training of any additional Appointment Schedulers/Patient Care Specialist(s).
- Participates periodically in a CQI Meeting by presenting findings from a CQI Project.
- Schedules surgeries at AUMC and ASMP in a timely manner and arranges transportation.
- Schedules surgery appointments at St Joseph’s Hospital with Dr. Winchell (Orthopedic)
- Schedules surgery appointments at Effingham Hospital with Dr. Wynn (General Surgery)
- Schedules appointments with Consultants and arranges transportation (Bus or Direct).
- Monitors Directive book for unscheduled surgeries on a weekly basis
- Schedules on site visits with Consultants at other facilities in the state prison system and arranges transportation.
- Maintains the monthly echocardiogram reports and shares with designated POCs
- Maintains the designated assigned Regions’ outside appointment, Southwest, Southeast, Central, North and/or ASMP.
- Maintains the movement of physical therapy appointments.
- Maintains the Clinic Availability report.
- Faxes Consultant clinic schedule listing to certain specialists.
- Reschedules existing appointments that are missed.
- Maintains the monthly ASMP Clinic Schedule Calendar and Distribution of the Calendar.
- Maintains the monthly GSP Clinic Schedule Calendar and Distribution of the Calendar.
- Maintains the monthly Global Clinic Schedule Calendar and Distribution of the Calendar.
- Provides information regarding inmate appointments to on-site physicians and other medical personnel; answer questions from GDC OHS regarding timeliness of care of specific inmates.
- Provides information regarding inmate appointments to on site physicians and other personnel.
- Tracks Cancelled Physicians Clinic and maintains a monthly report.
- Monitors the Outside Consultant Log and ASMP Consultant Log by collecting, extracting and submitting Logs to GCHC Medical Services Coordinator monthly.
- Monitors the Requested log book of Ortho Services from GSP/ MSU /OSH by providing initial and follow-ups with key stakeholders to obtain a schedule date
- Assists with scheduling of rare Appointments at ASMP for inmates located at Correct Care, Columbia, SC. Maintains a concurrent notebook of pending appointments.
- Coordinates with Utilization Management (UM) for approval/demographic information for inmates scheduled at AUMC.
- Keeps consult sheets from clinic visits/surgery approval/AUMC appointments in file for future reference.
- Attends on site meetings with AUMC and GDC personnel when necessary.
- Researches AUMC unscheduled appointment Scheduling notebook weekly and removes scheduled appointments.
- Maintains a professional attitude and dress at all times in accordance with GCHC/ GDC dress code policy.
- Does not fraternize with inmates beyond professional contact.
- Adheres to all security regulations and reports any security concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains good working relationship/responds appropriately with correctional and health care staff, contract providers, outside agencies within and outside of the facility.
- Utilizes established departmental policies and procedures in making decisions; uses sound independent judgment in meeting responsibilities and performing duties of the position.
- Adheres to HIPAA Regulations and maintains all patient confidentiality as required by Law and GDC/GCHC Policy.
- Follows chain of command for problem resolution.
- Works as scheduled and adheres to GCHC campus policies for leave, timekeeping and call ins.
- Follows GCHC over time policy.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of needed improvements in establishing inmate’s Medicaid eligibility, procedures, equipment and supplies, and makes recommendations to supervisors.
- Reports directly to the Medical Services Coordinator and/or GCHC Medical Director to discuss clinical issues or issues of concern.
- Follows standards set forth in GDC/GCHC code of conduct and ethics statements.
- Promotes quality assurance standards by participating in the CQI chart audits.
- All other duties as assigned.