Scholarship and Grants Coordinator
Scholarship and Grants CoordinatorPosition Number:
Development & Alumni RelationsSalary:
$32,957 - $34,605Job Summary/Description:
Under the supervision of the Director for Development and Alumni Relations, the Scholarships and Grants Coordinator plans, organizes, directs, evaluates, and implements programs and activities related to philanthropy. The position performs varied and complex administrative, technical and/or clerical duties involving writing, editing and compiling information.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Quality of Customer Service/Relationships with Others/Communication (oral and written)
Respectful, cooperative, and effective in getting along with a diverse group of employees and customers. Expresses ideals/information in a complete, clear, concise, organized, and timely manner. Actively listens to others and is open to suggestions.
2. Proven superior writing and editing skills. Ability to manage complex tasks simultaneously, set priorities and schedules and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision. Attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proficiency in computing applications, including e-mail, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet navigation tools. Experience writing in a professional setting
3. Scholarship Program
Oversees the scholarship program gifts through thank you calls, notes, e-mails, etc; works with development staff to ensure timely, accurate and appropriate stewardship of donors. Plans the annual Scholarship Dinner event.
4. Works with other development staff, faculty, and alumni to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit Foundations. Represents the development office at selected ASU events and functions. Maintains a friendly, competent, collegial attitude. Bring strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people. External vendor relations. Performs additional duties as assigned by the development leadership.
Bring exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Prioritize activities, multi-task, and practice effective time management. Operate a PC and related software.
5. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the position, including: mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and matters of style; use of best practices in proposal development; understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the institution and for specific projects.
• Knowledge of collecting and analyzing marketing data and making programmatic
decisions based on information.
• Ability to strategically build and implement a program, develop performance goals, and
develop methods to achieve goals.
• Skilled in oral and written communications.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and motivational drive.
• Ability to be creative.
• Interpersonal and public relations skills.
• Ability to organize activities, events, and people.
Graduation from high school or the equivalent plus five years related experience. Additional job related education may be substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis. Must have the ability to craft powerfully persuasive, donor-centric letters is strongly preferred. Experience writing to philanthropic-minded individuals or groups who have the means and inclination to fund capital initiatives as well as educational and research programs.Physical Requirements:
After hour and weekend work may be required due to special function coverage.EEO Statement:
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/12/2021Open Until Filled: