Conference Consultant - Nigh University Center (21072)
Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKRemote Type N/APosition Type StaffEducation Level UndisclosedSalary Range $33,500.00 - $33,500.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob Category UndisclosedDescription Position Overview:
Coordinate the logistics of events such as conferences, seminars, special promotions, programs, camps, and/or direct mail campaigns. Organize events and programs from the conception to clean-up; to include schedule staff, catering, contracts, venue and layout. Plan and administer events following budget guidelines and requests. Assist in evaluating the program and give information to leadership.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for event bookings and customer relations for the Nigh University Center.
- Meets with on-campus entities, off-campus entities, and/or student organizations to determine desired outcome for events.
- May work evenings and weekends. This includes obtaining information regarding events, event dates and times, estimated number of participants, food services, media and set-up needs.
- Uses good judgment from experience to regulate the requests of customers in order to comply with Nigh University Center policies.
- Offers suggestions of established room arrangements and other creative presentation details based upon the abilities of our facilities and staffing.
- Inspects reserved rooms for accuracy, compliance and completion of event requests.
- Inputs in a timely manner, the proper reservation information data into the scheduling software program.
- Constant coordination of requests for banquets, receptions, and refreshment orders between customers and contract food service management.
- On a regular basis provides upcoming event schedules to the Nigh University Center Assistant Director, Building Supervisor, Set-up Technicians, Food Services, Custodial Services and all other appropriate University departments to insure the delivery of all necessary services for the event.
- Provides on a timely basis, all backup documentation to Billing Coordinator for proper and timely billing to the customer.
- Coordinates customer needs to the Building Supervisor, Set-up technicians, Multi-Media Specialist, and the Transportation and Parking Department.
- May address and resolve problem situations with unsatisfied customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Reservation/scheduling experience in a university setting, hotel or conference center. Bachelor's degree in business related field. Previous experience with EMS software. Experience with any computerized scheduling software.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Read and comprehend instructions.
- Demonstrate respect in interactions; Honesty and Integrity.
- Ability to effectively determine which facilities best suit the needs for the event and presenting the facility on a regular basis to our customer.
- Must be available to meet with the customer and show facilities on multiple floors.
- This may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow a set system of policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven job skills in a detail-oriented position.
- Proven abilities in the coordination and scheduling of events and related functions.
- Must possess excellent customer relation skills, as this position requires meeting with customers and assisting them in the planning of their events, and suggesting the appropriate facilities and, layouts and services to enhance their function.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and give instructions in the absence of the Assistant Director of the Nigh University Center.