San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 5/6/2021
Position Number: 007643
Location: San Diego Miramar College
Position Type: Academic
President P. Wesley Lundburg invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position of Dean, Public Safety at San Diego Miramar College. Academic subject areas within the school include Administration of Justice, Emergency Medical Technician, & Fire Protection Technology. San Diego Miramar College is a fastgrowing and innovative college with a freshly adopted focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion as it moves into a new era. We are looking for a Dean who is deeply committed to student success and identifying and then implementing continuously improved plans for increasing access to higher education for all demographics, but particularly ensuring access for underprivileged students. At the core, we are looking for a Dean who can demonstrate evidence of the following Desired Qualifications.
Reporting to the Vice President of Instruction, working alongside the management team at the college, the Dean of the School of Public Safety is responsible for providing leadership in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating instructional programs that deliver accredited college courses serving surrounding San Diego County Public Safety Agencies. Responsibilities also include enrollment management and the development of the class schedule in coordination with on-campus and off-campus facilities, supervision of faculty and teaching assignments, curriculum development and program review, staff development, budget administration, and public safety agency instructional service agreement coordination.
The Dean is involved in the hiring and evaluation process for faculty and classified professionals, and participates in college governance and decision making. The Dean is expected to establish and maintain effective relationships with multiple public safety agencies, including but not limited to law enforcement, fire services, State Fire Training/Office of State Fire Marshal, open water lifeguards, emergency medical service providers, corrections/detentions, probation, and the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST).
One of three colleges within the San Diego Community College District, San Diego Miramar College offers associate degrees, certificates of achievement, certificates of performance, and the first two years of a bachelor's degree. Founded in 1969, and located in Mira Mesa, our college currently serves roughly 8,000 full-time equivalent students (FTES) annually with 73 associate degrees and 95 career technical education certificates. Our mission is to prepare students to succeed in a complex and dynamic world by providing quality instruction and services. We are committed to closing student achievement gaps through a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This position is 40 hours a week; some evenings and weekends may be required.
DEAN - INSTRUCTION:
In compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees, applicants for
this position must show evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited
2. One (1) year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s assignment.
1. Demonstrated experience in managing and providing equitable instructional leadership in multiple public safety agency environments, including but not limited to law enforcement, fire services, State Fire Training Firefighter I Certification, Open Water Lifeguarding, Emergency Medical Technicians, corrections/detentions, probation, and the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
2. Demonstrated experience in establishing school objectives and plans, assessing outcomes, and planning for improvement.
3. Demonstrated experience in leading and supporting faculty who will develop and deliver curriculum in public safety training.
4. Demonstrated effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills; and ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty and classified professionals.
5. Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and managing instructional service agreements with public safety agencies.
6. Demonstrated experience developing and overseeing multiple budgets.
7. Demonstrated experience managing multiple complex class schedules and overseeing enrollment management.
8. Demonstrated experience evaluating facilities and equipment and developing recommendations for improvement.
9. Demonstrated experience working effectively with participatory governance and collective bargaining processes.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of external regulations and specialized accreditation requirements for public safety programs.
11. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
12. Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Range 18 ($9,033.99 - $14,485.37) per month based on the current Management Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the Management Employees Handbook. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency