Assistant Manager, Merchandising – Lafayette College Store
The Assistant Manager, Merchandising performs in-store responsibilities to support the Store Manager, coordinating with all staff for the efficient running of day-to-day activities. Supporting front and back of house activities including financial transactions, store displays, inventory control. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager, Merchandising will assist the Assistant Manager with the manager’s responsibilities in addition to their own.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry.
- Work with leadership and collaborate with College departments and other vendor partners, increasing our core base and reach within the Campus and Community.
- Responsible for staff on floor selling and customer service activities. Sets realistic sales goals for store staff and overall goals for the entire store. This includes training sessions on sales techniques for new and existing staff.
- Oversee and manage all print and digital projects as needed.
- Provide input into the College Store marketing plan.
- Provide input to store’s annual budget and monthly P&L reporting.
- Buying and merchandising school supplies, class/lab supplies, dorm supplies, food/candy and health and beauty aids based on national trends and styles. Uses competitor analysis, product evaluations and testing to select merchandise. Writes purchase orders, creates and evaluates reports to maintain stock levels and maximize sell through and achieve higher margins. Responsible for installing, updating and maintaining register systems and the College Store website. Work as a liaison with Sequoia and MBS to ensure that all registers and the College Store website is working efficiently and safely within PCI compliancy rules and mandates.
- Work closely with Lafayette IT Department to maintain network connections and website stability to ensure peak efficiency and PCI compliance on all platforms.
- Assists as needed with student charge accounts for the College Store.
- Is knowledgeable with the College Store Department Charge accounts files. Assists in answering questions from Department personnel about their accounts.
- Assists with accounts payable for the College Store. Reconciles all PO’s with invoices for accuracy and ensures all invoices paid on time. Processes and oversees all store operations and works with Plant operations to ensure proper lighting, store safety and store loss prevention devices are all working correctly. Works with the manager in coordinating special event setups.
- Oversees register operations and safe reconciliation to ensure accuracy at the end of each business day and make sure cash deposits made in a timely manner.
- Covers on weekends as the manager on duty. Opens and closes the store, manages store staff and pulls and processes web orders.
- Knowledge of college store operations, inventory control, purchasing practices and POS software.
- Knowledge of online sales, marketing and merchandising techniques.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Combination of 5 years’ experience in retail sales or a bachelor’s degree in marketing
- Four years progressive experience in retail operations preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. http://apply.interfolio.com/86387
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. The College seeks to promote diversity in its many manifestations. These include but are not limited to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and place of origin.