Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Director of Finance/Comptroller
Position Summary: The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the planning, forecasting and budgeting functions for the University.
The following specific tasks and responsibilities require prioritization and the development of action plans for implementation.
- Working with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate them into one overall corporate budget.
- Preparing internal reports for executive leadership and supporting their decision making
- Generating three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Anticipating questions about the company’s cash flow and financial projections, and providing preemptive answers to university budget managers, Deans & President’s Cabinet.
- Gauging the university’s overall financial health, primarily by using key financial ratios such as the debt to equity ratio, current ratio, and interest coverage ratio.
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of each department of the company, considering what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the University’s future operations.
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
- Considering opportunities for the university to expand or grow. Mapping growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of financial management, preferably in higher education
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are also necessary as the candidate will need to work closely with individuals in many other departments
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail, be highly numeric and able to work independently
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases needed
- A personal commitment to North Park’s mission of diversity and Christian higher education